Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Simpleview, Inc.
Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hardworking and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hardworking team an independent, talented, top-notch Accounting Supervisor with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
Under the general direction of the Senior Director, Systems and Accounting, the Accounting Supervisor, Operations is responsible for directing and coordinating the daily activities of the accounting staff and ensures the timely and accurate preparation of Simpleview subsidiaries’ financial and accounting records
As the Accounting Supervisor, Operations your key responsibilities include:
- Support the Senior Director, Systems and Accounting in ensuring adequate governance, policies, procedures and control frameworks across the business to address key risks, compliance to law/regulations and integrity of the financial results.
- Directing the work of the accounting staff and performing general accounting tasks (such as but not limited to cash reconciliations, processing accounts payable, time & expense record keeping, billing and collection of accounts receivable, assisting with financial and tax audits, fixed asset activity, payroll, etc.).
- Assist the Senior Director, Systems and Accounting in the management of external and internal audit.
- Maintain a highly engaged, high performing team. Actively support individual professional development.
- Proactively be involved in the implementation of the new ERP and other key systems.
- Coordinates monthly closing activities and ensure timely production of accurate financial reports, including an annual financial statement audit, and year-end tax returns.
- Support the preparations of monthly consolidated financial statements, including the translation of financial statements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Accounting degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in public accounting or accounting related field.
- Proven understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Certified Public Accountant designation is required.
- Experience working with enterprise-wide accounting system preferred. NetSuite and QuickBooks 2017 Professional Edition will be highly regarded.
- Proven experience effectively directing and supervising accounting staff.
- Proven Microsoft Excel skills.
- Proven knowledge of laws and regulations (including tax-related matters)
- Must be able to work well with others and possess excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to see ‘big picture’ of organization
- Ability to embrace and foster innovation and creativity
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (in some of our offices you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more
Please submit your resume to our career page.