A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ATSU - Associate Director of Alumni Relations
at A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
A.T. Still University is seeking an Associate Director of Alumni Relations to develop and strengthen relationships with alumni, create opportunities for all ATSU alumni to stay engaged, and support the mission of the University while cultivating potential leadership and donor relationships. The Associate Director of Alumni Relations should possess diplomacy, humility, creativity, attention to detail, and adaptability, while being able to relate to people of all ages and from various backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for event management, volunteer management, creation and dissemination of digital and print communications, and direct interaction with ATSU alumni and friends to increase engagement.
- Plan, execute, track, and report on 20 networking/reunion events and meetings annually. These include a combination of campus, state, regional, and conference-related events that showcase the goals and achievements of ATSU and its alumni. Maintain relationships with professional associations, hotels, venues,and caterers to ensure smooth execution of events.
- Respond to alumni inquiries regarding alumni events/services and manage requests for alumni information from other University departments.
- Collaborate with deans, academic chairs, and program directors, development staff, members of the Communications & Marketing team, and other departments with focus on delivering university news, executing alumni-centered programming and facilitating multi-faceted opportunities for alumni to give back.
- Travel periodically to engage with alumni at regional or professional gatherings, staff alumni/university events, and make personal alumni visits – leveraging face-to-face interactions to assess volunteer interests and alumni needs and to assist development officers in identifying donor prospects.
- Coordinate and staff various Alumni Chapter Boards, including recruiting, training and stewarding alumni and student leaders to ensure sustained engagement in support of University Advancement goals.
- Work with Advancement Services and other internal partners to update alumni database records and to find lost
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities for alumni, including presenting, making speeches, and mentoring students.
- Participate in student leadership activities – including events involving student government and Student Ambassadors, new student and graduation orientations, and commencement ceremonies. Build relationships with future alumni leaders and act as the liaison to student leaders and Student Affairs on behalf of ATSU alumni and University Advancement.
- Assist in preparing and monitoring the Alumni Relations budget.
- Prepare presentations for events and reunions.
- Assist in maintaining and updating content of the alumni web and social media pages.
- Oversee the growth and improvement of the Alumni Ambassador program to increase alumni engagement and
access to alumni volunteers.
- Three to five years higher education, nonprofit, and/or healthcare work experience is highly desirable
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities/schedules and to communicate effectively with team members
- Knowledge of utilizing digital communication channels, including mass email and social media
- Management and coordination of frequent travel plans
- Skill at working with individuals of all ages to engage them in the mission of the university with an end goal of inspiring long-term support
- Ability to work collegially in a complex higher education institution with multiple campus locations, numerous academic programs, and numerous healthcare services
- Organization and time management
- Written, verbal, and digital communication
- Writing, editing, and proofing
- Event planning and negotiation
- A four year college degree is required