Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Consultant-Application Administrator
at A1 Placement
Our client, a prominent technology solutions firm in Detroit, has an immediate hiring need for a Technical Consultant. This individual will be expected to take on challenging project work designing, building, testing and supporting technical solutions. Depending upon the project, you could find yourself developing advanced skills in technologies such as Microsoft, Linux, VMWare, SAP, AWS, Azure, and Oracle, among others. A degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Decision Sciences, and other related fields of study, particularly where application management is required. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, convergent thinking, success driven, and looking to make a difference in the world.
The candidate must have proven experience in gathering data and information and then converting it into written narratives, reports and abstracts as may be required to support management requests.
Responsibilities – Application Administrator
- Configures and supports complex software application issues experienced by end users promptly and professionally
- Will be required to review and follow governing regulations to ensure proper program support
- Serves as the primary point of contact between IT and assigned functional business areas for routine application configuration improvement projects
- Partners to diagnose and resolve complex software application issues escalated by other members of the software application team
- Ensures that accurate and effective solutions are provided to end users and that end user support needs are met with a consistently high quality of service
- Engages appropriate IT and business resources to resolve technical issues and support business processes while updating users on progress toward resolution
- Performs IT-related activities for projects to support the company priorities
- Identifies and recommends system modifications to reduce user issues
- Fully documents each issue and resolution using the incident tracking system
- Apprises team, peers, and management of any new support issues in a clear and timely manner
- Collaborate with hardware, operating system, DBA and other technical teams to ensure proper environment integration requirements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent
Qualifications – Application Administrator
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience as an application administrator
- Associate degree in Business, Information Systems/Technology, or other analytical or technical discipline preferred. (4-years of relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- A good understanding of software design lifecycle process
- Previous experience with operating systems, RDBMS (SQL, Oracle etc.)
- Previous end-user level application support and troubleshooting
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills are required
- Capable to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.