ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shift Manager Trainee
at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Retail Shift Leader
Your primary job as a Shift Manager is to ensure all team members you work with are safe, happy, fulfilled and successful. You will learn and apply all of ABC Fine Wine & Spirits’ store operating procedures, including properly opening/closing the store, inventory counts and special orders. Assist the Store Manager and Assistant Manager in overseeing store operations and perform the role of Manager on Duty by performing the following duties:
- ? Unload and put away weekly truck deliveries. Merchandise and display product on store shelves and beer coolers in accordance with Operational Guidelines, restocking with product from the stockrooms as needed
- Greet every guest as they enter the store and provide friendly, prompt, fun, and courteous service
- Perform all typical supervisory responsibilities including but not limited to; delegating tasks and assignments. Assist with the coaching and training of new and existing staff
- Responsible for following and enforcing all operational compliance policy to ensure safety among team members and guests when Manager on Duty
- Responsible to learn basic information on wine, spirits, beer and cigars and to acquire knowledge of our Sourced & Certified Products; how to promote and sell them and contribute to company and store sales goals
- Maintain Responsible Vendor status throughout your employment, for alcohol & tobacco purchases while operating POS, wine taps, growler station or tasting tables by checking proper forms of identification for age verification
- Perform typical management tasks including but not limited to; opening/closing the store, and cash control/reconciliation
- Perform other tasks/projects as assigned by store management team
- 21 years of age or older
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires, night and weekends, especially during holidays
- A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). At least 6 months of experience and/or training in a management or leadership role; at least 1 year of education from a college or technical; school in Business Management or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements With or Without Accommodations :
- Must be able to remain standing for long periods upwards of 8 hours at a time, frequently move about throughout the store
- Must frequently lift and/or transport up to 35 pounds throughout the store including through any stockrooms or backroom on premises
- Occasionally ascends and descends ladders and step stools to safely access stockroom and floor shelves as needed.
- Generous PTO
- Health insurance for individual and/or family
- Dental and vision plans
- Long and short-term disability
- A company-match 401k program
- Employee discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement
ABC Fine Wine & Spirits is a drug & tobacco free workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.