Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Supervisor - JAC
at Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Characteristics of Position:
This isprofessional supervisory position in a program of a human services agency whichprovides client-centered care for those with substance disorders or withco-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders. Treatment utilizesdiagnosis-specific interventions, empathetic communication regarding addiction,mental illness, recovery to promote understanding of the illnesses, and instillhope for recovery to the client. It involves supervision of Direct Serviceworkers and others, operations and ensures compliance. This is a full time position at the JuvenileAssessment Center (JAC) located in Tampa, Florida.
Location: Tampa, Florida
- Reflection - Reflects often on performance as a manager; utilizes mistakes as a chance to gain abilities and credibility to help others do the same; .employ performance management techniques; seeks organizational understanding necessary to support corporate goals; speaks frankly to others to learn from them and build trust; solicits and utilizes administration's assessments and performance improvement strategies.
- Society - Serves and acts ethically to serve the larger good; encourages other to take socially responsible action; recognizes and rewards others based on merit; makes fair decisions even if they have a negative impact on self.
- Diversity - Collaborates well with people who are different from self; displays sensitivity in managing across cultural boundaries; manages with customer-centric goals and practices.
- People - Earns commitment; inspires effort; improves communication; helps others resolve issues of work/life balance; gets work done through others; encourages employee competency development; inspires trust of customers and colleagues; generational integration.
- Business - manages customers' acquisition, retention, and value; manages risk; adjusts practices rapidly to changing regulatory and consumer needs; organizes the work of others and guides efforts towards predictable results; manages the cost of operations; shapes customer satisfaction.
- Ingenuity - Offers and executes practical ideas; helps others adapt quickly to change; models professional development to improve overall group capabilities; manages change; engages others in problem solving.
A Bachelor's degree and two years of juvenilejustice, criminal justice, assessment, supervisory or related experiencerequired. A Master's degree may substitute for one year of the requiredexperience.
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate in DJJ PAR (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
Physical /Safety/Health Considerations: Standing, walking, carrying,stooping, speaking, and listening
Incentives and Differentials:
Quality of Work Expected:Level commensurate withsatisfactory performance in Professional Supervision
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate with level necessaryto fully meet obligations
Scope of Responsibilities:
This role supervises personnel and facilityoperations and assists program administration, collaborates with and serves asback-up to the Program Director to manage program operations, services, clientcare and staff.
Supervision:Thisposition provides supervision to Senior Screeners, Diversion Specialists,Detention Screeners, and Intake Workers and may provide supervision forTechnical Support Specialist and Licensed Practical Nurses. Work is performed under the supervision of theProgram Director.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Adheres to the regulatory body's establishedprotocols to carry out all duties required by contract relative to agency,program or assignment.
- Functions as an equal member of program's management or leadership team. Serves as back-up to the Program Director, and also coordinates with Clinical Supervisor and Registered Nurse to manage program operations, client care and staff. Assists in the development and ensures implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines for provision of services to assure compliance with agency and applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Participates in selection, training, scheduling and performance monitoring of assigned staff. Ensures all supervisees are appropriately oriented and trained to carry out job responsibilities and guides and advises assigned employees in their required responsibilities and tasks. Conducts performance monitoring/evaluations and disciplinary actions, facilitates staff meetings and individual supervision sessions with supervisees.
- Ensures emergency, safety, hygiene, and other conditions are sufficient to maintain quality. Provides admission/orientation to residents and their families and completes all applicable documentation. Provides individual and group counseling/mentoring services. Attends clinical staff and treatment meetings. Client services and care. Serves as liaison between and maintains contact with referral source (Departments of Children and Families, Department of Juvenile Justice, judges, client's family, other treatment providers etc.) and law enforcement, court personnel, vendors, parents; coordinates referrals/intakes and reporting of client's progress, discharge and aftercare/placement plans.
- May participate in and/or carry out all duties assigned to supervisees, including providing program shift coverage as required. Makes frequent rounds of facility to insure security and safeguards are maintained, monitors compliance w/ health and safety, facilitates mock scenario emergency drills and completes applicable documentation. Observes services to residents for compliance with operating procedures.
- Audits all non-clinical documentation to ensure forms are appropriately posted and current, develops and reviews reports related to Incident/Injury for appropriate agencies, and authorizes documentation related to attendance, timesheets and leave requests.
- Performs related work as required / assigned.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC: In addition to the above-mentionedresponsibilities, the program includes the following duties andresponsibilities for this position:
- May participate in and/or carry out all duties assigned to the Detention and Diversion Screening Units
- Ensure that staff complete the JAC Intervention Assessment and back up information in KIS
- Ensure that first reviews are completed within required time-frames for Detention and Diversion cases
- Ensure that case audits are conducted as required by DJJ
- Reviews training needs and provides training opportunities for JAC personnel
- Prepares and/or reviews reports and other documentation as assigned by JAC Director, and ensures that JAC Intervention Assessment Packets are reviewed and sent to ACTS' Medical Records within the required time frame.
- Attends all meetings related to the operation of the JAC
- Participates in the DJJ Bureau of Quality Assurance Program as assigned. Provides supervision to JAC personnel, diversion/detention screening services, interviewing and coordinating/facilitating care of clients
- Maintains professional relationship with State Attorney and Public Defender Offices when conducting Program business
Specialized Duties/ Tasks
- Coordinates and facilitates the processing and shelter placement lockout or problematic releases
- Assures that all required screening and case management documentation is completed as required
- Ensures that the KIS Supervisory Reviews are completed within the required time frame
- Attends all required/assigned training both within and outside the agency
- Coordinates with Senior Screeners to ensure cases are processed within the required time frames
- Must possess valid Florida Drivers' License, industry accepted driving history and maintain vehicle insurance required by State of Florida
The omission of specific statements does notpreclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if suchduties are a logical assignment to position.
ACTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.