Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Management Specialist
at Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Characteristics of Position:
This agency provides client centered care andsupport for alcohol, drug abuse, mental health or juvenile justice servicesthrough a variety of programs and sites. This position provides help desk support for the agency including troubleshoot network,equipment and cabling as needed. Liaisons with HR for updated informationon new hires and agency log-ins. This is a full time positionlocated at the ACTS Administration Offices in Tampa, Florida.
Location: Tampa, Florida
- Communications - Communicate with supervisor and established chain of command regarding daily operations and/or incidents; document all required information in a clear, legible, timely, concise and accurate manner.
- Relationship - Respects authority; models direct and clear communications with peers, clients and subordinates; culturally aware and respectful of differences.
- Administrative - Precisely documents events and transaction specific to job duties in approved Agency formats; understands and adheres to program operating procedures.
- Technical - Utilizes Agency communication devices and information technology as a business tool; proficient, as required, in the use of the email and calendar system, training software, data repository for medical records/accounts, and related IT systems and software applications.
- Business Acumen - Adheres to Agency Policy.
- Professional - Behaves ethically;presents a professional image in appearance, communications and demeanor; adheres to Agency scheduling Policy; follows program activity schedules; committed to personal professional development.
- Analytical - Establish a helping relationship with the program management.
- Leadership - Seek to participate in effective approaches and training to enhance job skills; seek opportunities to mentor new staff; ability to recognize unsafe behaviors, situations, environments and ‘acts to maintain the safety and well-being of persons receiving services, staff and community members.
- High School Diploma and 1 year of Software Management experience
- Demonstrated experience in internet technologies, hardware, software/web application, report generation, audio/visual communications, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Access required.
- If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate in NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc.
- Computer Science/IT background
- Working knowledge of a desktop publishing application preferred
Physical /Safety/Health Considerations: Standard office environment andmeeting rooms
Quality of Work Expected:Level commensurate withsatisfactory IT, Software & LMS Support
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate with level necessaryto fully meet obligations
Scope of Responsibilities: Clearly communicate technical information tonon-technical users and synthesize non-technical user requirements into clearand concise technical specifications forresolution. Must defineproblems, research, identify options, interpret trends, identify and weighcosts and benefits, resolve multifaceted problems, and independently developand implement solutions. Effectively and efficiently work with a large volumeof work under pressure with interruptions, deadlines, and short lead times. Asprimary administrator for the LMS, provides information support for trainingcurricula to appropriate director; with information from HR, coordinates NewEmployee Orientation and curricula entries and log-ins. Maintain trainingcalendars available to trainers, administration and all staff.
Supervision:This position reports to and is performed under thedirection of the Director of IT/Finance. Additional direction will beprovided by the Director of Workforce Development.
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position doesnot provide supervision to others.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Serve as the technology resource person for ACTS and provide user support for hardware, technical and software systems issues; help to resolve agency networking, hardware, and software problems, using contracted vendor if directed.
- Work to assist the agency in maximizing the benefits obtained by the use of all software it provides for personnel; communicate all computer or system incidents to immediate supervisor.
- Prioritize tasks to maximize productivity; apply abilities to work effectively and efficiently with a large volume of work under pressure with interruptions, deadlines, and short lead times on a regular basis, as well as the ability to work on an independent and self-motivated basis with minimal supervision.
- Interact with diverse personalities to demonstrate tact and diplomacy; apply oral or written skills for excellent, clear communication of technical information to non-technical users. Shows ability to synthesize non-technical user requirements into clear and concise technical needs or specifications.
- Employ active listening skills, seek to provide good internal customer relations and satisfaction of the end user; demonstrate appropriate situational response when unexpected technical or other assistance is needed.
- Act as the learning management system administrator and makes independent decisions for timely input and provide related reports for all training activities as needed. Serve as frontline support and liaison for Professional Development and QI related to compliance training; disseminate essential information.
- Work with and seek guidance from Professional Development and Quality Improvement on decisions related to new content, new or revised compulsory trainings and curricula before implementing or as directed.
- Performs related work as required /assigned.
PROGRAMSPECIFIC: The following duties and responsibilities are specific to thisposition:
Firstlevel support/troubleshooting (agency-wide) for computer related hardware andsoftware needs; liaison with outside network consultants and tracking theirwork tickets; makes appropriate recommendations to supervisor
Determineand promote common skills and best practices in workstation support; maintainsufficient knowledge of computer security principles, practices, and tools, asthey apply to end-user workstations and maintains advanced knowledge of backuppolicies, practices, and technologies
Responsibleagency-wide for network user accounts and software logins
Maintainan accurate and up to date inventory of hardware, software, and documentationof all deployed hardware, software, configurations, licenses, and uses
Serve asthe departmental resource person and provide consultative services relating tohardware, software, and other technology-related issues and questions foragency and program administration needs
Provideinstruction to end users in one-on-one and group settings on all standarddepartmental applications and custom hardware and softwareconfigurations. Maintain current libraries of technical end userdocumentation
Installand configures software, analyze, and debug peripherals such as printers,scanners; maintain copiers
Adhere toassigned work schedule
Conductor participate in special projects as assigned; support progress/accomplishmentof agency initiatives
Participatein meetings/conferences/webinars as determined relevant to duties
Specialized Duties/ Tasks
Mustpossess valid Florida Drivers? License, industry accepted driving history andmaintain vehicle insurance required by State of Florida.
Developexpertise in electronic survey software in order to develop survey formats;collect and analyze results and generate data reports; compile and analyze datafor administrative decisions
Developand manage software system to track and provide trainings to all agencypersonnel in a manner that is user friendly; provides management informationneeded to improve training quality and compliance
Obtainand organize historical/current information for management team members
Provideconsultation to Agency Directors, Training Liaisons, Program Directors, andProfessional Development Committee, etc., on technology issues.
Set upprojector, laptop a, speakerphone, etc., for trainings/webinars; keepinformation monitor in lobby updated
Responsiblefor deployment, tracking, troubleshooting and upgrading agency cell phones.
Theomission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigningspecific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment toposition.
ACTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.