Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CCLC Site Director Substitute
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 58534|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of Mar 04, 2019 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
1500 East 128th Ave., Thornton, Colorado, 802412601
Please refer to the job descriptions under our district website under careers/job descriptions for more information on what is required for each job.
For more information on substitute services, please visit our website www.adams12.org.
? This position does not require a Colorado Department of Education teaching or substitute license.
? Substitutes cannot be hired as both a Certified Substitute Teacher AND Classified Substitute Paraprofessional.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
CCLC/PEAK Site Director Substitutes must meet the following guidelines:
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Must be at least 21 years old.
* Must meet or exceed the education and experience requirements for a School-Age Child Care Center Program Director as established by the Colorado Department of Human Services:
* Four-year college degree with a major in recreation; education with specialty in art, elementary or early childhood education; or a subject in the human service field. Copy of transcript required.
* OR Two years of college training and 6 months (910 hours) of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or part-time equivalent experience since age 18 in the care and supervision of four or more children. Copy of transcript/certificate and employer letter outlining employment verification.
* OR Three years (5460 hours) of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or part-time equivalent experience since age 18 in the care and supervision of 4 or more children and completion of 6 semester hours or 9 quarter hours or 40 clock hours of training in course work applicable to school age children within the first 9 months of employment. Copy of transcript/certificate and employer letter outlining employment verification.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
* Criminal background check required for hire.
* CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions certifications required within 90 days after entering position. Will be required to take medication administration training as needed.
* Must complete the following district courses within one year of entering position: "Classified Evaluation Training", "Facilitating Improved Performance", and "Progressive Discipline".
* Annual continuing education of at least 9 hours related to one or more of the following: child growth and development, health and safe environment, developmentally appropriate practices, guidance, family relationships, cultural and individual diversity and professionalism.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Supervisory skills.
* Training skills.
* Basic knowledge of age-appropriate developmental and enrichment activities for school-age children.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
* Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures.
* Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and
* Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
* Operating knowledge of typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc. required within 1 month after entering position.
* Operating knowledge of District audio/video equipment, pagers, two-way radio and alarm systems required within 1 month after entering position.
* Operating knowledge of personal computers and peripherals required within 3 months after entering position.
* Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; making recommendations on terminating employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Responsible for supervising the behavior and well-being of students in the classroom, getting on and off the bus, on recess, etc.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
* Responsible for and adherence to the site budget.
* Monitor budget accounts to ensure expenses do not exceed budgeted amounts.
* Monitor purchasing cards and petty cash.
* Collect and record tuition payments, follow-up on and collect on delinquent accounts, prepare and deliver bank deposits and submit remittance advice forms
1. Manage the daily operation of the program by overseeing the schedule of activities, taking student attendance, ensuring daily safety of children, monitoring staff-to-child ratio, and effectively handling student discipline
2. Coordinate and implement age-appropriate activities for students and ensure effectiveness of such activities. Engage students in enrichment activities, games, field trips, homework, and guest speakers. Conduct educational activities to include Everyday math, Literacy and Science.
3. Supervise Aides by monitoring, directing, assigning workload, training, and addressing complaints, resolving problems.
4. Communicate program information and respond to phone calls, e-mails and written correspondence. Attend and participate in assigned meetings.
5. Secure building, equipment, and program per District and department guidelines. Ensure areas and equipment used by program are cleaned and maintained.
6. Distribute medication to students as directed and provide general First Aid when needed.
7. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on theGrade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience."Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number ofwork experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Gradefor the position step 1.
Employees regularlyscheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receivethe district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in theClassified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible forbenefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to workless than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees
whose employment istemporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified MasterAgreement for more information.
THISPOSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) shouldlist any and all work experience, including current district experience, whencompleting the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing thatjob. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screenfor minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have acomplete application so you will be considered for the position you areapplying for.