Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tech & Apps Mgmt Spec. I-61016K
Unlock Your Career Potential: Technology at ADP. Do you enjoy exploring, identifying and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At ADP, the world's largest B2B cloud company, our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We were first in our industry to offer a SaaS solution and continue to push the envelope utilizing the latest operating platforms to deliver the highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible. Named one of Forbes' "Most Innovative Companies" and one of Computerworld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT", we are committed to leading the way in product development and research, empowering you to bring to life the latest innovations that will forever change the way businesses manage their most vital asset, employees.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
What does a Technical & Application Management Specialist (TAMS) do?
They fix application and system problems, or any incident that is disrupting the application service that business users depend on. The job calls for both technical capability and business understanding. TAMS provide immediate attention to crucial live production applications issues with an unflappable temperament.
Core Tech Competencies:
A Technical & Application Management Specialist needs to demonstrate competent IT literacy around applications and systems. Core technical areas are databases, SQL and operating system platforms such as UNIX, Linux, and Windows. Working with live IT environments that enable the business every day provides a challenging and dynamic career with many opportunities.
These additional capabilities will ensure success in building a TAMS career:
- Technical knowledge
- Business awareness
- Service awareness, preferably IT Infrastructure library (ITIL) certification
- Investigation and diagnostic skills
- Support tool knowledge
Top Personal Attributes for TAMS:
- Communication skills and active listening
- Empathy with users with patience & understanding
- Acceptance of ownership
- Investigation & diagnostic skills
Application Support -
- Fulfill standard requested services. Assist with general information, complaints or comments.
- Provide a channel for users to request and receive standard services for which predefined approval and qualification processes exist. Provide information to users and customers about the availability of services and the procedure for obtaining them.
- Coordinate and carry out activities and processes required to deliver and manage IT services at agreed levels to business users and customers. Accountable for the stability of Non-Production and Production environments. Responsible for the ongoing management of the technology that is used to deliver and support services. Ensures adequate process and tools are in place for an overall view of service operation and delivery.
- Manages the warranty of services in operation implementing structured protocols which identify and react to service interruption or degradation to the availability, security, capacity, and continuity of services
- Determines the most effective and efficient way to conduct a series of operations in ADP's high volume and diverse IT environment. Ensure the current state of IT infrastructure functions to meet the current and future demands of the business. Ensures accountability for problems in the IT infrastructure and appropriate work-arounds are provided.
Process Improvement -
- Research, recommend, and introduce new technologies and new uses of existing technologies with IT Architecture Service Management.
Project Management -
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to gather and develop requirements. Requirements, assessment and solution recommendation that meet business needs in alignment with ADP standards and strategic direction.
- Understands the risk profile associated with the introduction of changes to the IT infrastructure and platforms. Performs impact assessments. Ensures adherence to agreed maintenance windows. Deploys changes into production or participates in the deployment with Implementation Engineering and/or Development.
Incident Management -
- Lead the communication, remediation, recovery, command and control, and follow-up efforts associated with high impact failures and/or service disruptions/degradations (Non DR Events). Communicates business impact and technical complexities to all levels of business and IT management.
- Ensures root cause of problems in the IT Infrastructure is identified and accountability is assumed through ownership assignment and repeated status reviews. Uses platform and product expertise to source the ownership of the problem, correlate to known error database, prioritize, and review resolution proposals.
- In case of Major Incidents creates post mortems and reviews with business leadership. Documents and communicates interim fixes. Closes problems after permanent solution deployment.
nalyst Architect Data Scientist Application Developer Design Implementation Chief Principal Enterprise Specialist I