Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ahold USA
The ideal candidate will be excited by the challenge of being in a high growth environment that is going through rapid evolution as the entire landscape of the internet business continues to change.
- Provide daily leadership to the Transportation Team in order to ensure timely and accurate deliveries, safe working conditions and a work environment.
- Organize, plan, and optimize daily routes for all drivers. This includes labor management (capacity vs. number of drivers), scheduling (start times, PTO approval, etc.), problem resolution and decision-making.
- Review transportation -related metrics daily. Provide recommendations on coaching and training in an effort to maximize driver performance.
- Effectively troubleshoot any and all delivery issues to ensure timely and responsive problem resolution.
- Respond to employee concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide direction, feedback, and support to team-members which foster service excellence and personal growth.
- Monitor the timely loading and dispatching of vehicles from the staging docks based on multiple priorities and various vehicle waves (Cross Docks).
- Responsible for accident, damage, injury reports and investigations, as well as ensuring all issues are followed up on within a timely manner.
- Work cooperatively with Fulfillment, Customer Service, Customer Acquisition, Inbound, Human Resources and Merchandising. Facilitate transitional organization between multiple shift operations.
- Provide leadership to the fulfillment team and clerical team to include team-building, positive recognition, coaching, and feedback.
- Interview ambassador applicants and conduct new hire training and follow-up.
- Practices food safety in all aspects of position.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- 20% travel within the NY/NJ area required