Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager of Operations I Miami Lakes, FL
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this Position:
Albion is seeking a General Manager of Operations for a company in the Miami Lakes, FL Area. The General Manager, Operations leads and directs the Manufacturing, Production and Packaging functions within our organization. You will be the one to ensure that operations are well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures ensuring appropriate resources are allocated to achieve strategic financial and business objectives. The areas of responsibilities for this role is very wide, thus requires thorough knowledge of various company procurement processes to include cGMP and FDA regulated plant operations experience.
- Review all production orders, processing schedules and make critical decisions about workflow strategies to ensure all customers receive Purchase Orders on time.
- Set and monitor production, manufacturing and packaging outcomes, quantity and quality to ensure standard requirements are within specifications
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, and Quality System Group to meet delivery deadline.
- Lead production, manufacturing and packaging teams to maximum daily, weekly and monthly outputs; tablets, capsules and finished goods
- Closely work with our contract manufacturing sales manager; Coordinating new prospect facility tours, purchase order processing and delivery of goods
- Maintain vendor, suppliers and contractor records; Prepare reports and briefings on progress, changes, project status and items related to scope, schedules and budget.
- Responsible for developing, evaluating and implementing cost-effective equipment projects that support production, manufacturing and packaging operations in a cGMP environment.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating SOP's
- Collaborate with formulator and Quality System Group providing problem solving for key issues within packaging, production and manufacturing, through root cause analysis, problem resolution.
- Execute strategic capital investment projects
- Develop, annual/semiannual goals and objectives for packaging, production and manufacturing teams
- Responsible for managing and supervising team of engineers supervise maintenance teams to ensure calibration/equipment maintenance are up to date in compliance with current cGMP guidelines.
- Assist in scale-up, technical support, process improvement, technology transfer, trouble shooting. Supervise production/manufacturing personnel regarding equipment, parameters, method to follow in accordance with cGMP guidelines.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Provides general logistics support to floor staff such as processing material requisitions, sub-assembly paperwork closure and material relocation.
Post-Secondary degree or equivalent of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
15 or more years of relevant experience
Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge of raw materials, production, manufacturing and packaging processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge Cost Reduction and Budgeting
- Versed in manufacturing plant metrics, efficiency improvement and risk management
- Inspect areas for compliance with sanitation standards.
- Evaluate new technologies or methods.
- Research methods to improve safety, quality, and production
- Review professional literature to maintain professional knowledge.
- Extremely detailed and results oriented.
- Highly collaborative team player.
- Excellent decision-making skills based on quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Highly organized, technically proficient, and able to communicate effectively.
- An analytical and data-driven mind applied to setting goals.
Applicants will work in the Miami Lakes, FL Area
* Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing may be applicable.
* Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided