ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Supervisor-BluStone Homes
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
BluStone Homes is a subsidiary of Ho-Chunk Capital, the real estate and investment division of Ho-Chunk, Inc. Ho-Chunk, Inc. is the award-winning economic development corporation of the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska. Ho-Chunk, Inc. employs over 1,200 people in operations in 24 states and throughout the globe.
BluStone Homes is backed by over 45 years of experience in the home building industry in the Midwest. BluStone Homes craftsmen have built site-built and custom system-built homes to exacting standards with the highest quality materials for both single family and multi-family housing.
Directs activities of workers concerned with construction of buildings and other construction projects.
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, based on knowledge of available tools and equipment and various building methods.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Consult supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within workforce.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and that construction schedules are adhered to.
- Prepares, or receives from subordinates, reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- May direct workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations.
- Workers are usually designated according to types of project, work or construction activity directed.
- Understand and follow company chain of command and reporting methods.
- Retain and apply what is learned as it applies to the next skill level.
- Regularly attend company safety training sessions.
- Track the project plan and update management on a recurring basis regarding meeting project timelines and budget costs.
Frequent Interaction with Others
Attention to Detail
Commitment to the Job
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
- Tape Measure
- Nail Apron
- Speed Square
- Leather Steel Toe Boots
- Over shoes
- Weather Appropriate Clothing
- Cordless Screwdriver
- Chalk Box
- 2’ Level
- Wood Chisel
- Wood bits to 1"
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nights and Weekends may be needed to meet deadlines.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time, must be able to regularly at least 50 pounds of force.
- Able to perform job duties with no supervision.
- Advanced understanding of construction practices.
- Communicate skill both verbal and written
High school diploma or Equivalent required. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. Four or more years of experience in a related area preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Maintains a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned