ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Risk Insurance Manager - Winnebago, NE
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Risk Insurance Manager - Winnebago, NE
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is the award-winning economic development corporation owned by the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska. Ho-Chunk, Inc. operates over 30 subsidiaries in a diverse range of industries including information technology, construction, federal government contracting, professional services, wholesale distribution, office products and technology, logistics, marketing, media and retail.
Administers corporate property and liability insurance program to ensure that the company has minimized risk and controlled costs, reviewing coverage, evaluating and selecting vendors, coordinating loss control inspections, providing technical
expertise for insurance issues, and conducts financial analysis
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administration of corporate property and liability insurance program
- Establishment and maintenance of work relationships with brokers, underwriters, subsidiaries, general public, etc.
- Coordination of company facilities loss control inspections to minimize risk and control costs
- Administration of insurance claims for property damage, public liability, and motor vehicles
- Technical resource and problem resolution for support staff, field personnel, and business units on insurance claims issues.
- Development, review and revision of corporate liability and property insurance budgets
- Coordination of annual review of business continuation plan
- Enforce and/or implement the safety policies of the company
- Safeguard the company’s assets by ensuring that all company policies and procedures are followed
- Suggests improvements to ensure compliance and overall department efficiency when deficiencies are detected
- Assume a mentoring type role in preparation for future management responsibilities that will be anticipated
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management
- Critical Thinking.
- Complex Problem Solving.
- Judgement and Decision Making.
- Reading Comprehension.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection. The employee is regularly required to talk as they must provide complex information spoken to other staff members accurately. They must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and be able to reach with hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of insurance and claims processing
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with MS Office
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and task driven
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle time sensitive issues
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in or equivalent, with specialized training in insurance and claims administration
- Three to five (3 to 5) years of experience in the insurance related field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must have a Valid Driver’s License
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned