Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Director of Outpatient Services
at AllHealth Network
Support the development and ongoing clinical oversight of an evidence-based continuum of care to include medication management, SUD, medication clinic, and intensive outpatient programming for both adults and minors, to the extent possible. The Medical Director of Outpatient Services will spend approximately 20-30% of the time completing administrative duties and remainder of the time completing clinical duties. This individual will provide supervision and leadership to the outpatient medical providers, nurses, and medical care managers.
Medication Services is comprised of Behavioral Health Medical Providers (Medical
Doctors and Nurse Practitioners), Nursing Services, which are comprised of Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Medical Care Managers (MCM), and Medical Assistants (MA). The department serves the psychiatric medical needs of clients. Services include: forensic psychiatry, medication evaluations, prescribing medications, medication management, telephonic triage, taking vital signs, weights, and coordination of care with clinical teams. Behavioral Health Medical Providers and Nursing Services staff are located at every AllHealth Network outpatient location and serve all ages.
The Medication Clinic at our Sycamore location offers skilled nursing services which include the administration of long acting injectable medications, medication packing, and individualized medication education for clients. Clinical staff work in partnership with local home health agencies to assist in the coordination of home care as designated by the Medical Provider.
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Medication Assisted Treatment utilizes medications (i.e., Naloxone, Buprenorphine, Suboxone, Gabapentin, Vivitrol, Antabuse) to help individuals with substance use disorders to address their addiction. The clinic operates Monday thru Friday at the Sycamore location. The program is comprised of waivered prescribers and a nurse. Clients are often connected to an outpatient clinician in the Recovery Cooperative as needed. Private Insurance, Medicaid, Medicare and indigent funding accepted.
- Assist with development and implementation of strategy for outpatient medical services
- Represent AllHealth Network in the local and regional community to educate other professionals about the array of medical services offered within the organization
- Collaborate as an active member of the multidisciplinary treatment team to ensure quality client care is delivered throughout AllHealth Network
- Provide competent medical care to clients, coordinate care with the multidisciplinary treatment team, and complete associated documentation as required
- Ensure established productivity standards for the position and outpatient medical providers are met
- Support the utilization of Telehealth services within the medical services division as appropriate
- Supervise Psychiatrists and Nurse Practitioners, as indicated clinically and as required by Colorado state law
- Develop initiatives to grow medical services revenue streams and volume by capitalizing on innovative and sound practices throughout the continuum of care
- Demonstrate leadership with a strong, experienced, and thoughtful voice. Articulate the organization’s needs and priorities internally and externally through consistent, timely and effective communication
- Become a trusted and respected partner to ensure the highest quality of care, quality of client outcomes, and increase awareness of the quality care and positive mental health outcomes achieved at AllHealth Network
- Participate with other members of the leadership staff in developing a culture of trust, openness, collaboration and mutual respect
- Ensure that AllHealth Network’s mission, vision, values operating principles and strategic direction are consistently communicated and evident in the provision and delivery of client care services
- Follow all AllHealth Network policies and procedures
- Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning (both online training and face-to-face training) within required timelines
What you'll need:
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- Completion of an ACGME- accredited one-year internship
- Graduate of an ACGME- accredited three-year psychiatric residency program
- Diplomate of American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Proof of current Colorado medical license required
- Suboxone Prescriptive Authority
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaboratively and motivate a team of high quality medical professionals
- Superb interpersonal skills and a skilled written and oral communicator, who communicates clearly, sincerely, directly, succinctly and effectively
- Must be eligible for Medicaid certification and insurance credentialing