Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Care Manager
at Alzheimer's Association
The Associate Care Manager participates in the chapter's Programs and Services Team to ensure effective execution and completion of strategic goals, objectives and program work plans. Provides care consultation services to individuals with mild cognitive impairment or any stage of dementia, and their family care partners. Develops customized needs assessments including establishment of client-centered care plans, implementation of care plans, provision of emotional support and education about dementia through social work practice, and documentation of progress.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Utilizes best practices and accrued skills to assist caregivers to navigate crisis, family issues, and other challenges.
* Determines and provides relevant follow-up to constituents in person and by phone.
* Builds relationships with community providers to ensure appropriate referrals from community agencies on aging, departments of health, and other non-profit service providers. Builds referral partnerships with social service agencies, service providers and religious congregations to mine rural constituents.
* Represents and assists the Association at public outreach events, conferences, workshops and media and advocacy events.
* Facilitates and evaluates support groups for caregivers and individuals with early-stage dementia.
* Provides community education programs to a variety of audiences.
* Refers new and existing Alzheimer’s Association constituents to care consultation and family consultation services.
* Engages, trains and manages relationships with related health care and social service providers in Central New York area with emphasis on minority, high-risk, and underserved populations.
* Documents and reports all progress via methods established by the Chief Program Officer.
* Develops and implements strategies to market Chapter services and programs.
* Informs supervisor and/or appropriate chapter staff of emerging issues about potential funders and programmatic opportunities.
* Keeps informed of current disease information, current initiatives of the chapter and national office via online technology, journals and other sources provided.
* Assures compliance with all Association policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory and grant requirements; promotes Association-wide programs and other initiatives.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree required in human services, gerontology, social work or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
* One to three years of experience working with individuals and families.
* One to three years of leadership experience in program administration including needs assessment, program development, delivery, management and evaluation.
* Bilingual - Spanish preferred.
* Must have a clean NYS driver's license and access to a vehicle.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* Ability to travel regularly throughout the Chapter area with some evening, weekend, and overnight travel required.
* Knowledge of applicable healthcare delivery systems and issues such as: Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, HMOs, long term care insurance, etc.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
* Ability to interact with diverse populations in a sensitive and respectful manner.
* Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic.
* Self-starter, able to work independently and problem solve.
* Strong active listening and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends.
* Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community.
* Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to multi-task.
* Friendly, helpful manner with clients.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment and Google Apps for Business.
* Experience with The Raiser’s Edge and/or other fundraising/CRM databases preferred.