Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
The Community Manager is a results-oriented, self-motivated, highly professional individual with exceptional outreach abilities. The Community Manager is responsible for engaging the community to meet or exceed grant and strategic implementation plan goals and objectives. This position will cultivate relationships and develop new strategic partnerships that lead to outcomes towards deliverables. In addition, core responsibilities include increasing awareness of programs and services and working closely with community members to expand reach through the recruitment and management of quality volunteers in order to serve more families impacted by this disease. Measurable outcomes are a) increased constituent engagement across all programs and services, b) increase referrals to Chapter services, c) develop and manage strategic partnerships with emphasis on reaching minority, high risk, and underserved populations.
Community Relations (30%)
* Secure points of service following appropriate legal and risk management steps with precision.
* Build meaningful relationships with community members, partners, and volunteers through relationship management and cultivation with emphasis on partnerships that have strong connections to diverse communities.
* Develop and distribute promotional materials to increase participation in programs and services with special attention to under-engaged populations.
* Cultivate new relationships that generate referrals and strengthen/maintain existing partnership.
* Generate referrals and programs attendance.
* Research and propose vendor opportunities best aligned with our target populations, mission and vision.
* Maintain compliance with all Alzheimer’s Association and grant standards
* Support the annual community assessment process.
* Represent the Alzheimer’s Association at appropriate committee meetings, council meetings, and other opportunities that support our strategic goal.
Volunteer Management (30%)
* Recruit, screen, train, coach and develop volunteer talent within a volunteer management database.
* Engages with volunteers to expand community visibility and service delivery especially among minority populations.
* Ensure quality programs throughout the territory resulting in increased attendance of target populations.
* Conduct annual performance evaluations of volunteers and contractors as part of the quality assurance process.
* Use innovative recruitment activities to fill identified program volunteer roles.
Program & Service Delivery (20%)
* Use innovative methods including the development and distribution of promotional materials to increase participation in programs and services with special attention to under-engaged populations.
* Deliver quality care consultations by phone and in-person.
* Flexibility to deliver services in a variety of settings.
* Confidently communicates updates in research with stakeholders.
* Event coordination, management, execution.
* Work with Communications Manager to implement a communication plan to promote programs and services.
* Supports the evaluation, satisfaction, quality assurance and program improvement for all support programs and services.
* Deliver services as outlined by the Alzheimer's Association.
* Using dynamic presentation skills to deliver programs.
* Manage follow up with constituents and all stakeholders in a timely manner.
* Provide high touch customer service and support by responding to inquiries, engaging participants via phone, email or in person.
General Admin/Data (20%)
* Anticipate, identify, organize, and analyze growth opportunities/gaps to make programmatic recommendations to leadership.
* Prepare program & contingency plans.
* Project and process management.
* Develop tools and resources where necessary such as curriculum, project timelines, and standard operating procedures.
* Budget management.
* Maintain weekly reports, service statistics, and grant-related tasks.
* Stay current on disease information and all programs and services in order to make appropriate recommendations.
* Follow risk management procedures with 100% accuracy.
* Collect and enter data to measure project for grants and strategic goals.
* Utilize multiple constituent management databases.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Bachelor’s degree in Education, Gerontology, Nursing, Public Health, Public Administration, Social Work.
* 2 years of volunteer management or staff management.
* Demonstrated success building strong partnerships and increasing services to communities that have had low participation.
* Demonstrated success building community partnerships and engaging diverse populations.
* Demonstrated success managing volunteer-led community programs with experience in recruitment, training, engagement, supervision and evaluation of volunteers.
* Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to variable audiences.
* Synthesize information to identify priorities from individual conversations to develop concise action plans.
* Demonstrated ability to manage up and across.
* Demonstrated success working professionally and effectively with high levels of autonomy.
* Ability to make adequate progress in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, and aggressive deadlines.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
* Ability to follow directions, work plans, and procedures.
* Results focused individual, able to positively influence office culture.
* Professionalism is upheld in all internal and external interactions.
* Competence utilizing technology: video-conferencing applications, Google Drive, spreadsheet manipulation, client management systems, internet navigation.
* Exceptional time management and organization skills.
* Willingness to travel across the 10-county territory as needed(anticipated 75% of the time) to perform job duties (reliable transportation and valid New York State driver's license are required).
* Work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Maintain boundaries while delivering services.
* Flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet community needs.
* Ability to carry up to 25 lbs of equipment and supplies.
This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the job holder. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties.