Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Care and Support
at Alzheimer's Association
Alzheimer’s Association, Delaware Valley Chapter
Director, Care and Support
This position provides leadership and strategic direction for implementation, growth and quality of Alzheimer's Association programs and services in the chapter territory. Measurable outcomes include: effective budget management, increased utilization of Care & Support services, engagement with key decision makers in the community for greater reach, increased delivery of volunteer-led programs, development of purposeful community partnerships to advance the mission, and consistently high quality outreach to diverse communities. This position reports to the Chapter Executive Director and is a member of the Chapter Management Team.
- Lead the development of a department plan to expand program reach with special attention to increasing participation among minority, high risk and underserved populations. Provide leadership for the delivery of all programs and services including planning, budgeting, marketing, program evaluation and adherence to program standards and reporting processes.
- Lead the chapter’s Care & Support strategic initiatives, tactics and measures to increase the reach of chapter programs.
- Lead the Care and Support team to increase access to a timely diagnosis and access to quality care for patients with dementia, as established in the Strategic Implementation Plan.
- Implement a strategy to recruit, engage and manage volunteers to deliver Association education and support programs.
Community Partnerships and Long Term Care Opportunities
- Develop new, sustainable community partnerships that advance the Alzheimer's Association mission, expand program reach and increase program delivery as per Strategic Plan goals.
- Build strategic partnerships with community organizations, academic, public and private sector to advance the Association mission and serve more clients across the territory.
- Create/implement a moves management process to develop relationships into partnerships supporting the full Association mission.
- Lead staff in the cultivation of relationships with long term care organizations with an emphasis on the implementation of the Association’s Dementia Care Practice Recommendations.
- Collaborate with the development team to create new funding streams for program expansion. Partner with development team to provide information and input necessary to fulfill grant proposals and grant reports.
- Supports Association’s efforts to improve ADRD diagnosis, disclosure and care through a collaborative approach to health systems and long term care organizations.
- Works with other staff in chapters and the Home Office to strengthen the influence of the Alzheimer's Association on ADRD diagnosis and care in Health Systems, including coordination on Alzheimer's Association priorities in public health, policy, and research.
Staff Management/Chapter Leadership
- Provide general management and oversight for day-to-day program operations.
- Responsible for hiring, orientation, training, performance evaluation and termination of all staff on the care and support team.
- Represents the Association at public events, media opportunities, board meetings, and chapter events.
- Serves on the chapter management team to ensure effective integration of strategic direction for the chapter and region.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated success leading a high performing team to achieve strategic initiatives.
- Experience recruiting, engaging and managing high performing volunteers.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse populations, volunteers and staff to build and maintain successful teams.
- Skilled in the cultivation of productive working relationships with decision-makers in health care organizations, community based organizations, and/or long-term care settings.
- Outcome and data driven.
- Education: Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Work, Health Care Management or related field preferred or relevant experience.
- Experience: 5 years progressive experience with program delivery and management; 3 years staff & volunteer management.
- Demonstrated history of services delivery, quality program evaluation, strong public speaking and writing skills and an understanding of volunteer management.
- Effective computer competency, willingness to travel and flexibility of schedule including availability on evenings and weekends.