Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Programs Services
at Alzheimer's Association
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with the disease, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last nine years in a row.
The Director of Programs Services position provides leadership and strategic direction for implementation, growth and quality of Alzheimer's Association programs and services throughout the State of Utah. Serving as a member of the Utah Chapter leadership team, this position is responsible for measurable outcomes related to Care and Support services.
This position is located in Salt Lake City, Utah
* Lead the Chapter’s Care and Support strategic initiatives, tactics and measures, working through the regional manager structure to provide engagement state-wide.
* Implement strategy to recruit, engage, train and manage volunteers to deliver Association education and support programs.
* Provide leadership for the delivery of all programs and services including planning, budgeting, program evaluation and adherence to program standards and reporting processes.
* Implement the program services plan to expand reach, with special attention to increasing participation among minority, high risk and underserved populations. Provide direct service and engagement to the state’s rural and frontier communities.
* Lead chapter efforts to improve ADRD diagnosis, disclosure, and care, through a consultative and collaborative approach to Health Systems that increases effective clinical practices.
* Work with staff in other chapters and the Home Office to strengthen the influence of the Alzheimer's Association with Health Systems, including coordination on Alzheimer's Association priorities in public health, policy and research. Under the direction of the Home Office, cultivate local Health Systems partnerships.
* Develop new sustainable community partnerships with community organizations that advance the chapter mission, expand program reach and increase program delivery.
* Create a moves management process to develop relationships into partnerships supporting the full Alzheimer's Association mission
* Cultivate relationships with long term care organizations with an emphasis on the implementation of the Association’s Dementia Care Practice Recommendations.
* Collaborate with the development team to create new funding streams for program expansion.
* Work with the leadership team to integrate fund development into the chapter culture, including program activities and program staff roles.
* Attend and participate in related events, including representing the Chapter, public speaking, and providing media interviews.
* A Bachelor's degree in a related field. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered
* A minimum of five years of experience in managing, recruiting and retaining volunteers
* Ability to lead, guide and inspire volunteers to achieve goals and objectives while demonstrating and promoting open communication, transparency and teamwork
* Ability to effectively work and lead in a team environment
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to speak publicly in large and small groups
* Ability to self-start, multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
* Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to present to and facilitate groups in a manner reflecting an understanding of different learning modalities, communication technologies, group processes and cultural diversity
* Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
* Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a supportive team environment on strategic initiatives, priorities and mission fulfillment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to use other software and databases
* Access to a reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
* Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds