Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Population Health Director
at Alzheimer's Association
The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is "To eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health." The Alzheimer's Association provides a variety of education, information and support services to persons with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia (ADRD), their families, health care professionals and the community.
The Alzheimer’s Association is seeking a full time Population Health Director to work closely with health systems. The Population Health Director will lead organizational efforts in engaging the clinical community and educating hospitals and clinicians about effective clinical practices and generating referrals to the Alzheimer’s Association. Duties may include assessing hospital systems and processes, conducting root cause analyses and providing resources for resolutions and other QI methodologies. This position requires a strong background in clinical quality improvement. In addition this position requires a self-starter and someone who can develop new relationships and initiatives based on the level and interest of health systems.
* Achieves the Alzheimer's Association's objectives to improve ADRD diagnosis, disclosure, and care, through a consultative and collaborative approach to Health Systems that increases the uptake of effective clinical practices.
* Develops and cultivates a portfolio of Health Systems partnerships, with an emphasis on systems with the greatest potential to impact the Association's Health Systems goals.
* Cultivates productive relationships with key decision makers and champions in health systems.
* Assesses a health system’s readiness, capacity, needs, and interests and uses this assessment to guide products and solutions to offer.
* Provides training and technical support to health systems and key members of their staff, including clinicians, on the implementation of clinical practice guidelines for timely and accurate ADRD detection, diagnosis, disclosure, and care.
* Ensures accurate assessment of a health system’s baseline status and tracking of progress on ADRD-related quality measures.
* Works with other Alzheimer’s Association staff and with health systems on evaluation of systems-based programs and products for ADRD clinical practice improvement.
* Builds a robust stream of referrals from clinical settings to services and programming at the Association.
* Utilizes professional experience and expertise to guide the work of the Association in developing clinician education and outreach strategies targeted to clinician and researcher communities in consultation with home office, regional and chapter staff.
* Identifies and develops suggestions for health system engagement with the Association which may include developing improvement plans linked to dementia care and assisting providers in developing, implementing, monitoring and tracking of effective clinical practices.
* Works directly with health systems and academic researchers, maintains project-specific timelines and communicates the projected timeline to all other necessary partners.
* Master’s degree in health care, health administration, public health or RN required. Experience in a clinical setting preferred.
* Sound quality improvement knowledge and familiarity with New York City health care delivery system.
* 5 or more years of experience working for or with health systems, or other health care industry experience.
* Prior experience in training, quality improvement facilitation, or other health care technical assistance preferred.
* Demonstrated experience in clinical quality improvement
* 5 or more years of experience cultivating productive working relationships with decision-makers in client or partner organizations.
* Ability to understand relevant aspects of health systems operations, such as clinical quality improvement, person-centered care, access to care, and payment and policy issues
* Demonstrated cultivation of productive working relationships with decision-makers in health care organizations
* Ability to motivate and facilitate groups and individuals
* Prior training and group presentation experience
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Prior experience in program planning, implementation, and evaluation
* Strong knowledge and ability related to health care data and analysis
* Ability to effectively use data to guide decisions
* Must be results driven