Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of agency programs through direct and volunteer provided services. Programs include but are not limited to the 24/7 helpline, care consultations, support groups, education programs, safety services and social engagement programs. This position reports to the Program Services Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Recruit, train and supervise a group of volunteers to assist in programming efforts.
- Coordinate the implementation and evaluation of agency programs and services.
- Conduct individual and group meetings.
- Provide information, support, and referrals related to the identified needs of clients.
- Conduct individual intakes/assessments, care plans and follow up.
- Record and maintain required documentation.
- Conduct program evaluations.
- Develop and maintain client referral materials and brochures.
- Prepare and conduct community presentations and meetings to expand community awareness of dementia and the Alzheimer’s Association’s programs and services.
- Participate on Association work groups, community coalitions and advocacy groups.
- Maintain working relationships and a referral base through networking with other professionals.
- Represent the Alzheimer’s Association at public forums, conferences, and media events; function as an advocate representing the Alzheimer’s Association in the community.
- Assist the supervisor to ensure integration of strategic directions into the Department work plan.
- Assist in marketing of agency programs and services.
- Assist in Chapter event activities and other assignments as dictated by the needs of the Chapter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Gerontology or a related field.
- Experience in program development, planning and implementation.
- Experience in volunteer recruitment, training and supervision.
- Experience in counseling and/or care management preferred.
- Working knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Frequent travel around Washtenaw County and surrounding counties.
- Normal to fast paced office environment.
- High degree of public contact.
- High degree of telephone use.
- High degree of public speaking/presentations.
- Work may be stressful at times.
- Commitment to a professional code of ethics.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with clients, caregivers, staff, volunteers and external contacts to build and maintain effective teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport materials up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate designated office equipment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties.