Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Public Relations and Social Media Manager
at Alzheimer's Association
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
Provide implementation and coordination of marketing, media relations, social media and brand compliance that effectively describe and promote the Alzheimer’s Association Minnesota-North Dakota. The Public Relations and Social Media Manager will work closely with the VP of Marketing to monitor the marketing communications plan and maintain alignment with the Association’s strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide media relations for Association and fill role as media contact for all chapter events and initiatives
- Develop and maintain current listing of media contacts throughout the region; write and disseminate press updates, news releases, and feature materials
- Design, develop and implement communications and public relations to build awareness of the organization’s mission, programs and achievements across the chapter territory
- Manage and create content for chapter social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Manage social media advertising
- Manage and track earned, paid and donated media impressions, including website and social networking statistics
- Collaborate with VP of Marketing and development staff to forge marketing partnerships for events
- Participate in development of strategic initiatives and assist with identifying and cultivating potential sponsors
- Manage determined projects with volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or public relations preferred
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in marketing, public relations, communications
- Proven success in building and maintaining key relationships and meeting strategic goals
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills; enjoys public speaking
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment