Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Director, Walk to End Alzheimer's
at Alzheimer's Association
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
This position is responsible for the implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer’s® events to meet or exceed goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development. Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the fastest-growing walk program in the country, ranking as the third-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States. Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing Walk-brand awareness and visibility in the community. Based in Clearwater or Sarasota, FL, this position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for overall Walk to End Alzheimer’s program for the Florida Gulf Coast Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association including achievement of the Chapter’s revenue target of $1,675,000 in 16 county communities.
* Supervise and manage Walk to End Alzheimer’s staff including onboarding, training and development.
* Responsible for recruiting and ensuring Walks have high level leadership volunteers in place and train, coach and develop Walk leadership volunteers to reach goals.
* Work to develop a new network of high level contacts for the chapter and form new corporate alliances and partnerships.
* Responsible for corporate sponsorship revenue for Chapter’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s program.
* Execute Chapter plan for maximizing team participation to achieve revenue goals by retaining existing teams, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community and by providing fundraising guidance and support.
* Assure Chapter compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for other duties as assigned.
* Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 5 years successful track record in peer to peer fundraising or equivalent sales background.
* Preferred experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals.
* Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter with proven experience in managing a staff team
* Superior motivator (written and verbal) with the ability to encourage others to maximize potential and achieve challenging organization goals
* Demonstrated management skills, including the ability set clear goals, organize projects, establish and manage budgets, develop work processes and supervise professionals
* Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
* Ability to work with large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfill the job goals.
* While most travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
* Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
* Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
* Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software