Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President, IT
at Alzheimer's Association
The Vice President, Information Technology, will be responsible for providing technology vision and leadership for the entire association to assure that all technology initiatives support the business Strategic Plan and operations. This person will develop, coordinate, guide and maintain strategic and operational IT system plans for the IT department as well as other internal business units.
This position is located in Chicago, IL and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation and coordination of information and technology for the association. Guide the IT strategic and operation plans in support of the association’s mission and business plan.
* Participate and advise senior management in developing and executing strategic plans to optimize use of IT in support of business objectives. Communicates IT plans, policies, security and technology trends throughout the organization.
* Provides leadership in the evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of IT systems ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
* Approves and manages all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems for the association.
* Lead a large team of professional IT staff, providing mentoring, performance coaching and staff development opportunities to increase staff effectiveness and retention.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
* Master’s degree in Business Administration or other evidence of substantial business knowledge strongly preferred.
* Minimum 15 years of progressive experience in managing information technology department for a large, national organization.
* Minimum of 7 years of exposure to in-house, and shared or outsourced systems.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in implementing Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
* Refined written and verbal communications
* Negotiations with vendors, contractors, and others
* Budget preparation and oversight for a complex, national organization.
* Planning and organizing
* Management and Leadership
* Interpersonal relationship building
* Relating to all levels of the user community.
* Translating technical language to lay audiences.
* Linking and applying complex technologies to business strategies.
* Ability to develop and sell strategic solutions to both business and technical personnel.
* Ability to understand and improve diverse business practices.
* Ability to listen, learn and develop business practice consensus.
COMPREHENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF:
* Business principles and techniques of planning, administration, organization and management.
* Systems design and development process - including requirements, feasibility, software design, programming, testing, installation and operations.
* Business process and redesign.