Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President of Development
at Alzheimer's Association
General Statement of Responsibilities
The Alzheimer’s Association, is seeking a dynamic, effective, customer-focused and collaborative Vice President of Development. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Vice President of Development is a key member of the New York City Chapter’s leadership team that sets the strategic direction and delivers on the chapter and national goals of the Alzheimer’s Association. S/he, in partnership with the Chapter’s Executive Director, is responsible for formulating fundraising goals and objectives, leading and coaching an experienced professional staff, engaging volunteer leaders and collaboratively building the infrastructure needed to strengthen and expand the organization’s donor base. Vice President of Development is responsible for a comprehensive array of revenue generating activities, including mass market fundraising events, as well as corporate, foundation and individual giving.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Provide management level leadership, strategic planning and implementation of fundraising programs to ensure achievement of mass market events revenue goals (walk, run, the longest day etc.) With the Executive Director, the development team and leadership volunteers identify corporate and organizational partners for sponsorship and large team participation. Recruit, develop and retain a highly productive fundraising team and key influential volunteers and other highly productive partners.
* Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and National corporate development staff to build, develop and cultivate high impact corporate relationships through volunteer engagement, corporate sponsorship and constituent event participation.
* Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and National major gift officers to build, cultivate, and steward an ongoing pipeline of potential and current donors.
* Lead, coach and mentor a team of experienced fundraisers and special events staff for professional growth and performance excellence
* In partnership with Executive Director and development staff work with the Board of Directors to design fundraising plans, provide joint leadership support for Board hosted fundraising events and volunteer engagement opportunities
* Develop and maintaining internal and external partnerships that enhance the financial viability of the Association
* Analyze and evaluate current Corporate and Individual donor base to identify opportunities to expand Chapter’s relationships with the NYC philanthropic community.
* Partner with National Staff as well as Leadership team in day to day operations as well as on special projects and represent the Chapter in Development discussions on nationwide level.
* Assure compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory requirements.
Key Educational/Professional Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
* 7 years of leadership level experience in development utilizing diversified fundraising programs
* Experience in planning , managing and budgeting for a fundraising organization with a goal of $10,000,000 plus
* Experience with mass market events highly desired
* Strong track record in mobilizing high impact community volunteers to engage in fundraising efforts, as well as other leadership activities to move Association’s mission forward. Experience with NYC philanthropy community.
* Demonstrated ability to develop, foster, and build donor and corporate relationships; proven experience with sustained year-over-year fundraising growth.
* Ability to engage and encourage others to maximize potential and achieve challenging organization goals
* Ability to work independently, as well fully engage in a culture where team collaboration and diplomacy is highly valued.
* Demonstrated management skills, including the ability to set clear goals, organize projects, establish and manage budgets, develop work processes and supervise professionals
* Ability to effectively analyze and utilize data to increase productivity and results.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with strategic implementation planning, budget development, and management.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Proficiency with Internet and database/fundraising applications.
* Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings, early mornings and weekends; ability to travel as required.
* Willingness and ability to represent Chapter at meetings and special events.
* Valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and access to reliable personal vehicle to meet travel requirements.