Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Health Program Manager 2
Apply by: April 21, 2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member Services (DMS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Health Program Manager 2 for the Cottonwood ALTCS Office. This position directly supervises and manages a staff consisting of nurses, social workers, program services evaluators, customer service representatives, and supervisors who are responsible for the administration of the AHCCCS Long Term Care (ALTCS), Medicare Cost Sharing (MCS) and Supplemental Social Security Income Medical Assistance Only (SSI MAO) programs. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Insure that uniform interpretations and application of State and Federal laws, agency policies and rules and regulations governing ALTCS, MCS and MA-SP programs and other related program activities are maintained. Resolving eligibility problems/complaints or refer them to Central Office for resolution if resolution not possible at office.
* Monitor the quality and timeliness of medical and financial eligibility determinations. Preparing reports and providing recommendations and following up with staff on QC and QA findings. Conducting research to keep current in the area of error-reduction strategies. Developing corrective action plans in response to quality findings and the timeliness of eligibility determinations.
* Assign tasks and monitor their completions.
* Monitor regional/branch fair hearing requests and assuring staff participation and preparation
* Conduct regular unit meetings to ensure information is given to staff in a timely manner, attending staff meetings. Conduct regular conferences with direct reports.
* Create and maintain an atmosphere in support of division/agency vision and culture resulting in high morale and employee involvement.
* Participate in problem solving and/or planning work groups. Conducting orientation and on the job training for financial and medical eligibility staff.
* Phase 1 of the Candidate selection process requires completion of a writing exercise within a required timeframe. Candidates are contacted by email.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge off ALTCS Medical and Financial eligibility and MCS and MA-SP Federal and State rules, regulations, policies and procedures and of personnel rules, policies and procedures
* Knowledge of the tasks and functions performed by ALTCS supervisors, financial and medical eligibility staff, clerical staff and central office staff
* Knowledge of Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) process and how findings relate to the specific functions performed by staff
* Some knowledge of the functions of other divisions and administrations and how their work affects the operations of ALTCS
* Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with professional subordinates while evaluating their work and recommending changes
* Skill in organizational, prioritizing, scheduling, coordinating and implementing workload
* Strong management and leadership skills; data collection and analytical skills; Strong interpersonal skills to effectively manage staff and interact with program contractors, health plans and AHCCCS members
* Ability to interpret, analyze and apply current laws, rules, regulations and policies
* Ability to direct subordinates and determine work assignments
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
* Three years of professional experience related to health program in Aging, Developmental/Physical Disabilities or Mental Health, which include program planning or administration.
* A Master’s Degree in Nursing, Social Work, Rehabilitation, Counseling, Education, Sociology, Psychology or closely related field may substitute for one year of the required experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.