Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
IT Project Manager & Implementer (Health Care Systems)
First resume review: 2/11/19
This position will remain opened until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The office of Information Services Division at AHCCCS is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an IT Project Manager & Implementer. This position will have overall strategic and operational responsibility in the strategic priorities for HEAplus. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Lead planning and implementations teams for critical projects
* Manage the day to day operations for HEAplus, including overseeing vendors, and overseeing the implementation of all contracts, inter-service agreements and staff resources
* Oversee all administrative operations. In consultation with the AHCCCS and DES Chief Information Officer, oversee the Information Technology and financial operations
* Assist the Director of Health Care Innovation Infrastructure Management in setting the strategic and operational priorities for HEAplus in coordination with AHCCCS and DES
* Provide support and guidance to AHCCCS and DES Executive and Senior Management on policy and operational issues, and implement a successful governance structure between AHCCCS and DES for the long term benefit of Health-e-Arizona Plus
* Represent HEAplus at national and local meetings to education and inform stakeholders about the system
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated Knowledge of Information Technology and health care
* Strong ability to coordinate, plan, organize, analyze and develop complex, multi-faceted systems, policies and procedures
* Skills in analytical processes, project management and advanced problem solving skills
* Demonstrated knowledge of Health insurance, Medicaid, CHIP, SNAP, TANF and state and federal health care laws and regulation
* Ability to effectively establish rapport, advise and interface with state and federal agency heads and senior-level staff, as well as leaders of numerous community organizations, tribal organizations and medical providers
* Ability to effectively cooperate with and be accountable to multiple stakeholder groups
* Ability to manage contracts and vendors
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Public Administration or Public Health preferred
* Eight years of managerial experience in the public sector
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.