Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Thrift Store Supervisor
at Arizona Humane Society
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervise activities and personnel of AHS Thrift Shops, ensuring their safe and efficient operation. Maximize revenues through use of approved marketing and display techniques, appropriate pricing practices and excellent customer service. Train and schedule volunteers to cover available shifts. Responsible for store security. Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred. Tuesday - Saturday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure proper staffing of AHS Thrift Stores and operations are conducted in compliance with all state and federal laws. Contact substitutes as required to replace volunteers unable to work.
- Train volunteers and staff on cash register and proper accounting procedures.
- Fill in as required (cash register, sorting donations, etc.) and be present during normal business hours on regularly scheduled work days.
- Provide current schedules and vacation requests to Manager of Thrift Store Operations.
- Ensure shop is kept clean and neat with merchandise aesthetically displayed.
- Maintain and replenish inventories as needed, approved by the Manager of Thrift Store Operations prior to purchase.
- Understand, supervise and ensure accuracy of pricing and sorting.
- Alert Manager of Thrift Store Operations before obtaining appraisals on rare books, antiques, instruments, china, silver and other potentially valuable articles.
- Work closely with Thrift Store Drivers to ensure prompt pickups of donated items.
- Prepare inventory for all estate donations; prepare all required documents for tax purposes.
- Coordinate with Development Management Assistant to ensure maximum publicity for Thrift Shop.
- Assign job duties to volunteers over 18 years of age and keep volunteer roster current, including phone numbers and days and times worked; distribute copies to AHS Volunteers Manager and AHS Manager of Thrift Store Operations.
- Prepare weekly memo for Manager of Thrift Store Operations regarding activities at the Thrift Stores.
- Ensure the physical facilities and equipment are maintained. Submit additional repairs and/or renovations to the Manager for prior approval.
- Store and maintain accounting records, close out at the end of the night and take deposits to bank as needed.
- Determine need for and placement of appropriate signage in and around the Thrift Shop premises; obtain approval of sign content from Manager.
- Issue all shop keys and ensure their return. Maintain log of keys issued.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, some college preferred plus at least six months supervisory experience.
- Retail and merchandising experience preferred as well as good public relations skills.
- Must be punctual and reliable; able to manage own time and function independently in an unstructured environment with minimum supervision.
- Must also possess leadership skills and the ability to train volunteers.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English; Spanish language helpful.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to handle money and balance cash register.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Windows Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Proficiency with or able to learn/use Chameleon software (for use with animals in a shelter environment).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver's License.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance is required. Access to reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.