Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Veterinary Clinic Manager
at Arizona Humane Society
POSITION SUMMARY: The Clinic Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Arizona Humane Society's Full Service department in a manner that allows for the highest level of customer service and quality patient care while operating efficiently to support the mission of the organization of keeping pets in homes. This position requires someone highly motivated, organized, and passionate about low-cost, high quality veterinary care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage financial performance of the clinics:
- Create and manage budgets
- Manage payroll
- Ensure revenue plans are met
- Monitor grant funding
- Compile records and reports
- Purchase all medical equipment, supplies, and drugs for full service operations
- Manage and determine needs of staff including:
- Improve and maintain overall morale
- Employee relations and grievances
- Performance appraisals and salary increase recommendations
- Investigation of on the job injuries
- Oversee daily clinic operations:
- Monitor all pilot programs or studies
- Respond to inquiries or complaints from clients or adopters
- Research new initiatives
- Improve clinic operations focusing on improving efficiencies
- Minimize AHS' liability in accordance with current, local, state and federal standards.
- Clinic strategy to align with that of the medical team and organization:
- Ensure all lines of communication are open between full service, spay/neuter, and the main shelter operations.
- Develop goals that help drive the Clinic mission for our full service programs, communicate goals and objectives to the staff.
- Attend leadership meetings and offer input on major decisions in other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration preferred OR three to five years' management experience.
- Experience working in an AAHA accredited hospital helpful. Full Service clinic experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent public relations skills plus knowledge of purchasing and budget preparation.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English; Spanish language helpful.
Mathematical Skills: Able to develop budgets, do payroll and estimate costs.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Proficiency with or able to learn/use Chameleon software (for use with animals in a shelter environment).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver's License. CVMP certification is a plus.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance is required. Access to reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.