Arizona's Children Association

Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.

Similar Jobs

Job Details

Chief Medical Officer

at Arizona's Children Association

Posted: 6/7/2019
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1871

Job Description

Are you a Child and Adolescent board certified Psychiatrist who is looking for an opportunity to impact the lives of children and your community? Arizona’s Children Association has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Chief Medical Officer where you will be surrounded by a passionate, dedicated staff in a trauma informed culture.

The Chief Medical Officer is responsible for high quality psychiatric operations and the development, implementation and administration of psychiatric services to clients. In general, the Chief Medical Officer is responsible for seeing ongoing psychiatric clients, providing psychiatric consults, second opinions, and hospital follow up 60% of the time. The remaining approximately 40% is spent overseeing the BHMP staff, administrative duties, and psychiatric quality improvement.

Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest non-profits in the state of Arizona. When working with AzCA, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.

At Arizona's Children Association, we believe in self-care and as such, offer a flexible schedule with paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits! Our Phoenix office, where this position is located, is directly on the light-rail line, has a relaxing fountain in the lobby, and also has Wellness room with walking treadmills, yoga mats, and dumbbells so you can take some time for yourself at work.

Essential Duties:
* Acts as the primary role in the direction of psychiatric services to the agency.
* Complete psychiatric evaluations and psychiatric medication checks.
* Monitors the availability and continuity of psychiatric intervention for clients.
* Participates in psychiatric staffing and is available to agency staff for medical and psychiatric consults.
* Participates in the development, evaluation and approval of psychiatric and medical administrative practices, procedures and policies.
* Participates in the development and implementation of new programs.
* Assists in providing in-service training programs for staff.
* Attends and participates in appropriate team meetings and leadership meetings.
* Participate in needs assessment, quality assurance/improvement, utilization review, case management and peer review programs as required by agency policies and procedures.
* Reviews client psychiatric case files as requested by administration.
* Assist in recruiting physicians and health professional affiliates to the agency.
* Is the key representative of the agency in the community and professional forums and government agencies for psychiatric and medical services.
* Provides psychiatric coverage within the agency emergency psychiatric schedule.
* Provide psychiatric assessments for second opinions per agency requests.
* Ensures completion of BHMP service requirements and communicates with referral sources, fellow providers and other state/community entities.

Minimum Qualifications:
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Medical Degree in Psychiatry and Board certified in Child Psychiatry.
* Current medical license with the State of Arizona or ability to obtain one
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing psychiatric services to children and families.
* Must have experience as a Chief Medical Officer or served in a leadership role.

AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer


Application Instructions

Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!