Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transition Camp: Assistant Director Tucson
at Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Job Reference #: 1686
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Openings as of 2/18/2019
- Transition Camp: Assistant Director -1686 Tucson JobID: 1686
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Camp LEAP Assistant Director
- Date Posted:
- Working with Directors, develop and conduct a two-day orientation workshop for camp counselors
- Meet with Administrative Staff prior to the start of program for overall planning
- Work with Operations staff to coordinate all details involving the residence halls during the program, including maintenance, keys, meal procedure, cleaning, mail, linen exchange, and security
- Be available to students and respond to their needs and concerns
- Assist Camp Director - Residential in developing and coordinating afternoon and evening activities for the students
- Conduct daily staff meetings for the purpose of providing feedback and planning activities
- Attend all administrative staff meetings
- Develop and coordinate procedure for counselors to evaluate students and provide VR reporting at the end of the program
- Provide a program-end report on staff, dorm life, and program recommendations
- Abide by all the rules and regulations of the ASDB Camp LEAP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced ASL proficiency preferred
- Ability to work independently and to exercise initiative
- Strong organizational ability
- Supervisory and management skill and experience preferred
- Ability to work with a variety of ages and demographic groups
- Ability to take charge and motivate others
- Ability to supervise peers of a close age
- Ability to observe and assess staff and camper behavior, enforce safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques
- Ability and willingness to live in the residence hall while camp is in session
- Proven ability to interact with youth in a supportive, safe, and encouraging way
|TRANSITION CAMP: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR|
ASDB is providing Camp LEAP (Summer Transition Camp) a 2-week camp, where Voc Rehab (VR) eligible Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-blind campers will receive specialized Transition from School to Work (TSW) and leadership programming. To achieve comprehensive summer transition services, ASDB must work with TSW/VR, and other public agencies and entities like the Arizona Commission for the Deaf and the Hard of Hearing (ACDHH) & Gallaudet University Regional Center (GURC); this unique programming opportunity will be the first of its kind offered in Arizona as a summer-time resource.
The following position is available for qualified individuals seeking to work a unique setting work with various Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf-blind VR eligible students statewide in smaller groups, one-on-one in classroom settings, applying project based, hands-on learning to provide transition skills. Some examples of targeted skill development include: job seeking skills, independent living skills, communication approaches, leadership training, Deaf Self-advocacy training, and awareness of community resources. Video Link: https://youtu.be/ud36J4y-N6o
Assistant Director – GSD10024
Assistant Directors for the Transition Camp will participate in managing daily activities, serving as a liaison to the Camp Director and ensuring that appropriate record keeping procedures are done to show progress of the campers, participating in activities related to the recruitment of potential campers, and developing and coordinating classroom instruction, maintaining schedules, and transportation for all eligible campers.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
? Experience working with groups of children, preferably middle and high school-aged
? Experienced working with students and transition areas preferred
? Requires working in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
? May require working with difficult clients
? Physical ability to lead a wide variety of challenging activities in an outdoor environment
? Must be able to pass FBI and State background check
? Defensive Driver Training Program to be completed by all agency personnel that drive on State business
? WAVE certification or ability to obtain within required timeline
? Current CPR, and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within required timeline
? Role must live on-site for the duration of the camp (weekend may be required)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
|Benefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insurance. Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire. |
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the State’s retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs.
|For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov |
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
To apply, click the link below.