Art Van Furniture
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Category Manager - Core Furniture
at Art Van Furniture
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of Digital Commerce? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Category Manager in the Digital Commerce department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Category Manager? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Director, Omni-Channel, you will be responsible for leading the strategy, assortment curation, site merchandising and development of our customer experience at artvan.com
- Have a creative, strategic, and nimble mindset and proven track record of executing strategies to optimize a multi-faceted business.
- The Site Merchandising Manager will be responsible for a significant percentage of artvan.com’s overall revenue and have a substantial and immediate impact on the success of Art Van Furniture Retail.
- Own category financial targets (e.g. written & delivered sales and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Assortment: Select assortment that meets the need of the Art Van consumer and overall P&L. Collaborate with Merchandising to close those gaps on key products and manage the ideal assortment mix. Establish a process that ensures assortment is current and relevant.
- Price: Monitor pricing within the category to ensure pricing strategies are maintained. Drive higher average order value by managing mix across products.
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience - Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Content/Shop-ability: Work with content sources to ensure sub-categories have the appropriate content, reviews, and shop-ability features. Coordinate with the Site Director and cross-functional teams to aggregate and drive key UX and product enhancements for your sub-categories. Hold a critical and creative awareness of your business on Art Van, industry themes and the competitive landscape in order to stay on the cutting edge of product and e-commerce advancements impacting your category.
- Building a Team and Developing People: Translate vision and strategy into action through mobilizing the direct and cross-functional teams to drive key levers impacting category excellence.
Skill / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Associate’s degree in Marketing or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 2+ Years’ experience with Salesforce, Web analytics, customer metrics, KPIs and financials, A/B testing.
- 2 Years+ eCommerce Experience within retail, Web build, Visual Merchandising Expert level Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, and Photoshop skills with a strong understanding in web file types and coding languages
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, mobile apps, responsive design.
- Experience identifying opportunities, developing 360 business strategy and managing a matrix to deliver business results.
- Analytical with strong financial acumen.
- Ability to run analysis on new business models to assess viability of new business development solutions.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at: jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.