Art Van Furniture
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Art Van Furniture
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, and one of the top 10 in the United States is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our store management team.
The Operations Manager is responsible in overseeing, managing, coordinating, and providing hands on leadership for the store’s customer service team. The Operations Manager will strive to meet or exceed Art Van Furniture’s goals and objectives by developing and maintaining a top customer service team and seeking ways for the team to drive profitable sales in providing an excellent customer service experience.
The Operations Manager must also undertake responsibilities including the following:
- Ensures guest satisfaction by actively managing the guest experience at the counter or on the phone.
- Oversees processes related to office security (debit, credit and cash balancing; bank deposits; bad debt collections; and knowledge of current consumer finance programs and accurate completion of contracts) to reduce loss to AVF.
- Partner with Loss Prevention in reconciling bad debt, fraud, etc.
- Assist in inventory management by ensuring transfers, returns, and undelivered merchandise are properly recorded and documented in AVF system.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Assistant Office Manager and Customer Service Representatives by following company policies and procedures to ensure a successful bi-annual audit.
- Manage applicant tracking system by sourcing resumes, scheduling and conducting interviews along with selecting new hires for office staff.
- Develop, train and coach new and existing office staff on company initiatives and programs to ensure proper execution and experience for the guest.
- Manage and audit office wages and ensure the office staff is complying with state labor laws and the office staff is not exceeding office budget.
- Audit daily reports to ensure accuracy of sales and processes. Partner with the Store Manager/Sales Management on resolution if need be.
- Monitors and approves turnover (TO) process by ensuring sales associates are matched appropriately with guests while providing "on the spot" coaching to help close sales
- Establishes work schedules; manages time and attendance; directs and reviews work; writes and delivers performance reviews; and addresses performance/conduct issues through the corrective action process for assigned office staff in partnership with the Store Manager.
- Office staff is scheduled appropriately for coverage while minimizing payroll expenses.
- Ensure each Standard Operation Practice of AVF is being followed in each unit. Notify management to ensure proper training is being delivered if there is failure to follow.
- Partners with Sales Manager to plan and execute effective sales meetings; ensures they are interactive, motivating, and informative.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS.)
- Key holder responsible for opening and closing the store
- When MOD would be responsible for managing the sales floor
Skill / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Education: Post High School classes in accounting or bookkeeping
- Experience: One to two years of experience in office occupations or accounting.
- Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication and good listening skills.
- Exhibits a calm and professional demeanor in resolving difficult situations with guests.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly stressful and demanding environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills - should possess sufficient computer skills to prepare memos, reports, spreadsheets and other correspondence. Ability to use and understand Excel, Word or other accounting packages.
- Shows Drive & Initiative: Pursues high standards and maintains a high level of productivity. Focuses on meaningful results and achieve them. Puts in extra effort to accomplish critical goals and looks for new ways to improve.
- Manages Execution & Accountability: Effectively delegates and manages time. Sets and communicates clear expectations, measures performance results and holds people accountable for achieving goals within expected timelines.
- Promotes Teamwork & Collaboration: Clearly links how day to day activities fit into the overall company mission, builds and promotes teamwork among groups to get better business results. Acknowledges and celebrates team accomplishments.
- Makes Sound Decisions: Considers company strategy, "pro’s and con’s" to the business and PARTNERS values in decision making. Uses sound logic, makes decisions at the right time and chooses the best alternative.
- Self-Improvement: Places an emphasis on learning and being more effective. Open to coaching and feedback, willing to accept new challenges to improve. Proactive about staying informed of the industry and competition.
- Can demonstrate excellent selling and customer service skills, effectively translates to help others.
- Is a role model in company values and behaviors (PARTNERS) and holds others accountable for adherence to the same.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be