Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director, Donor Experience
at ASU Foundation
Assistant Director, Donor Experience
What we do:
ASUs Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
Building off the momentum of the public launch of Campaign ASU 2020, the Arizona State University Foundation for A New American University (ASUF) is continuing to expand its donor relations team with a creative, hospitable, and innovative individual to serve as the new Assistant Director of Donor Experience. The ideal candidate will be able to assist in stewarding the abundant philanthropists ASU has generated by being the #1 Innovative University in the US according to US News and World Reports, which places the university ahead of MIT and Stanford.
This rising leader is part of a team that is responsible for advancing ASUF’s relationships with benefactors in order to provide a positive experience, enhance donor retention, and facilitate future giving. This position performs work to support the achievement of foundation goals of cultivating, sustaining, and nurturing lifelong relationships between the highest-level donors and the university. In partnership with ASUF’s internal constituents and the university's academic units, this position helps ensure that the needs of donors who have demonstrated the most significant philanthropic impact at ASU are met and their expectations are exceeded. They will co-create, plan and implement donor relations programs and retention strategies. This position reports directly to the Director of Donor Relations.
What you'll do:
- Collaboratively work with units and staff to provide the highest-level coordinated experiences, information, and hospitable support for ASU’s most significant donors.
- Serve as a member of the team, who directly manages the relationship with ASU’s top donors, and provide excellent customer service towards special requests and/or inquiries from leadership and assigned relationship monitors.
- Advance the relationship between donors, ASUF, and ASU by developing an appropriate and consistent process that provides meaningful interactions, demonstrates appreciation, and engenders loyalty.
- Implement and manage recognition societies.
- Effectively utilize databases, software and related technology in order to support systems and strategies that enhance the execution and success of donor relations and recognition projects
- Conduct appropriate training, strategic advising, and mentoring to ASU and ASUF staff to optimize the effective implementation of donor relationships tools, systems, and processes.
- Assist in developing impact reporting for ASU’s most significant donors.
- Respond to questions regarding the status of gifts, endowed funds, stewardship and recognition, and donor communications.
- Assist with donor walls, gifts and other forms of recognition in support of ASU.
- Attend and lead meetings, plan agendas, monitor and ensure project compliance with objectives set by leadership and perform associated administrative functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- A passion for working with people.
- Collaborative, customer service driven style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment.
- Understand and demonstrate an extremely high level of sensitivity to customer relations, embrace a donor-centric philosophy, etiquette protocol, and drive to deliver the best possible donor experience.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Foundation and University business and confidential constituent information.
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times.
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible.
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies and priorities.
- Ability to represent the institution well.
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness in completing assigned duties.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects.
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans.
- Knowledgeable with computers, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate and understand Advance and other donor database system(s), Microsoft Office software and related technology tools pertaining to marketing and communication.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, hospitality, communications or related field and four (4) years’ of fundraising, advancement, non-profit, project management and/or administrative experience.
Contact us today.
The ASU Foundation through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org. If interested in the Assistant Director, Donor Experience please apply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers.
The ASU Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer