Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director of Development ? Engineering
at ASU Foundation
Associate Director of Development – Engineering
What we do:
ASUs Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
The Associate Director of Development for the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is a professional who will work collaboratively with ASU Foundation and with academic leadership in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. The principal activity of this professional development officer is to be externally focused, with responsibility for engaging a portfolio of individuals, corporations and foundations that have a potential affinity with ASU. The associate director’s effectiveness will be evaluated on the ability to achieve financial goals and contact metrics consistent with the programs and prospects assigned. The associate director reports to the senior director of development for the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
What you'll to:
- Work with development and academic leaders to assist and direct the implementation and coordination of special fundraising opportunities by identifying, cultivating and soliciting annual, major and planned gifts
- Guided by the direction and scope of a prospect’s interest, collaborate with various faculty, institute/center directors, and unit-based and foundation-based fundraisers to leverage the maximum philanthropic potential of a prospect
- Develop and submit written proposals, budgets, and other collateral materials as needed for securing philanthropic investments
- Collaborate with various ASUF and ASU offices and functions -- including donor relations, research and prospect management, financial services, annual giving, and development – to advance prospect strategies
- When appropriate, oversee the recruitment, organization and training of fundraising volunteers
- Proactively manage a portfolio of major gift ($25,000+) prospects, developing and executing strategic prospect strategies leading to solicitation and investment based on the opportunities of each special assignment
- Use the ASUF prospect management and tracking system (Salesforce) to record and coordinate contacts and proposals
- Be responsible for core fundraising metrics including face-to-face visits with prospects, identification of new prospects, growth in cumulative giving from the prospect portfolio, major gift proposals submitted, dollars raised
- Ensure proper stewardship and recognition of donors in portfolio
- Participate, as a member of the ASUF development team and serve as a resource to development colleagues regarding fundraising opportunities
- Work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment with complex and evolving relationships and priorities
What you’ll need:
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of development/fundraising, preferably in higher education
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Foundation and University business and confidential prospect information
- Self-starter able to secure personal appointments and qualify new prospects
- Demonstrated achievement in securing philanthropic investments
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well
- Belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Ability to prepare complex and detailed proposals and related materials
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in donor/prospect computer data base systems
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Documented success in personally implementing sophisticated, multi-year cultivation strategies that use a relationship-building and moves management approach leading to successful gift closure
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Demonstrable experience in stewardship plans leading to additional investments
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ successful professional development and/or fundraising related experience, preferably in higher education: OR, any equivalent combinations of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been achieved.
Contact us today.
The ASU Foundation through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org. If interested in the Associate Director of Development – Engineering role , please apply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers.
The ASU Foundation for A New American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer