Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Strategic Outreach
at ASU Foundation
ASU Foundation – Donor Outreach – Director of Strategic Outreach
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
The Arizona State University Foundation for A New American University is continuing to expand its development team with an entrepreneurial, creative, ambitious and innovative individual to serve as our Director of Strategic Outreach. The ideal candidate will be able to capitalize on the abundance of philanthropic opportunities and brand equity ASU has generated by being the #1 innovative, university in the US according to US News and World Report, ahead of MIT and Stanford. The ASU Foundation is committed to mentoring and growing the next generation of talented professionals and evolving into a future-focused advancement operation. The ASU Foundation team serves at a pivotal moment in our institution’s journey.
The Director of Strategic Outreach will be a digitally fluent, sophisticated communicator, and forward-thinking professional who oversees outreach, acquisition, retention, and stewardship strategies across multiple channels. Strong, visionary leadership will increase the philanthropic reach of ASU to more than 650,000 potential donors, and expand and retain the overall base of donors. As part of our fast-paced and growing team, the Director contributes ideas and expertise across the fundraising spectrum to deepen the culture of philanthropy at ASU.
What you’ll do:
- Manage an expanding team of professional fundraising staff and 50+ student fundraisers who are responsible for the daily operation of ASU’s donor outreach, acquisition and retention programs
- Create and implement effective and integrated communications and marketing strategies across multi-platforms to increase individual giving to ASU programs
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the online giving environment, including the use of digital commerce and email automation platforms
- Discover and employ the latest tools and capabilities of social media and other web-based platforms, and user behavior data across multiple channels in order to inspire and secure giving to ASU
- Leverage our CRM (currently Salesforce) to optimize opportunities though data
- Utilize data to establish regular benchmarks/metrics for monitoring progress, as well as for the development of marketing strategies designed to maximize annual giving opportunities YOY
- Employ customer segmentation and testing to increase donor response to outreach and improve retention rates among donors
- Collaborate with Enterprise Partners colleagues to generate marketing and fundraising concepts and test ideas using targeted fundraising techniques, database segmentation, and direct-response campaign designs
- Track emerging market trends and research best practices, including new technologies and efforts used in membership-based organizations, and make recommendations for new and innovative donor acquisition and engagement strategies
- Support fundraising activities across the university by building relationships with unit development teams and other key university partners
- Develop regular reporting for program analysis
- Serve as a member of the Foundation Management Team
- Leverage resources and nurture partnerships across the Foundation and Enterprise Partners, academic units, and key university partners
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the model for a New American University
- Understanding of various social media outlets and ability to follow emerging trends; ability to pull social reports, analyze data, and leverage information to drive strategic thinking
- Proven digital and social media marketing experience, particularly in growing audiences and engagement through digital marketing and social media
- Keen understanding of data-driven marketing and the use data to predict and enhance future behaviors
- Experience/understanding of CRM, digital commerce and marketing automation platforms, including developing relevant strategies and tactics
- Experience/understanding of SEO strategies and Google Analytics is a plus
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Experience as an influential leader who can serve as an inspiring and unifying force with the capability to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Knowledge of the content production process
- Deliver results on deadline and within a budget
- A consistent track record as an implementer who thrives on handling a variety of key initiatives concurrently with deference to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "lead by influence"
- Sincere dedication to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach toward exceeding metrics
- Ability to effectively lead others
- Willingness to learn and flourish in a high-growth, ambitious, dynamic environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Foundation and University business and confidential prospect information
- Ability to understand and demonstrate an extremely high level of sensitivity to customer relations and embrace a donor-centric philosophy
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing priorities
A Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred. At least five (5) years of professional experience in digital commerce, direct response marketing, membership management, channel management, annual giving and/or digital fundraising. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in higher education advancement.
Contact us today.
The ASU Foundation through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org. If interested in the director Strategic Outreach position, please apply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers.
The ASU Foundation for A New American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer