Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ASU Foundation
What we do:
ASUs Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
Job functions for the Grants Manager will span the spectrum of grants development activities from pre-solicitation and pre-proposal activities and support post-award reporting as necessary. Working under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Corporate and Foundation Relations, duties for the Grants Manager will include: managing overall grant efforts; optimizing the grant administration process; helping faculty and staff to develop effective evaluation plans; evaluating program impact; ensuring compliance with charitable grant terms; reviewing grant proposals; managing grant databases; assisting as needed to prepare financial and impact reports.
The Grants Manger will lead administrative aspects of the charitable grants management process in coordination with staff from across ASU Foundation, Enterprise Partners, Knowledge Enterprise Development, and benefitting ASU units. The position requires broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of grant writing and grants management processes. This position must be able to routinely interact with individuals at all levels of the Foundation and University.
What you'll do:
- Manage the pre-award, award and post-award processes for charitable grants, as assigned
- Participate in the review of concept papers, applications (including large and small grants), evaluation plans, and budgets
- Help to develop evaluation plans for select, high-level grants
- Provide guidance to befitting units on specific outcome requirements and expectations
- Coordinate execution of charitable grant agreements
- Prepare charitable grant agreements, as well as amendments/modifications and supporting documentation required for execution
- Assist in preparation of annual, mid-term, and final reports, evaluations and other documents required for grants
- Input grant information into prospect and donor tracking system (Salesforce) and QuickBase
- Work with Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development (OKED) to manage ongoing reporting with organizational funders on a timely basis
- Coordinate and engage with grant writers across ASU and ASU Foundation
- Optimize the grant administration process
- Manage timelines and deliverables
- Track grant applications and associated impact credit
- Manage grants calendar and reporting deadlines
- Other such duties as may be assigned which may include collaborative assignments with other departments
What you'll need:
- Demonstrated experience in grant or proposal writing
- Knowledge of program and grant evaluation
- Understanding of the unique nature of corporate and foundation philanthropy as it relates to higher education
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into coherent, compelling proposals seeking major philanthropic support from foundations and corporations
- Knowledge of all facets of the proposal development process, including prospect identification, project research, proposal creation, evaluation, and budget development
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills and precise attention to detail
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to foundation and university business and confidential prospect information
- Ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies in an academic community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Ability to represent the institution well
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as a New American University
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Ability to learn appropriate levels of information about a broad range of academic disciplines and interdisciplinary areas
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, journalism, English or related field, AND four years of related writing experience. Strong preference for individuals with proposal or grant writing experience.
The ASU Foundationthrough ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefitspackage, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan andreduced tuition at ASU.
For more informationon the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org.If interested in the Grants Manager role, pleaseapply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers.
The ASU Foundation forA New American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer