Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - ASU Research Enterprise
at ASU Foundation
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
ASU Research Enterprise (ASURE)
ASUREis a private non-profit organization affiliated with ASU’s applied research,development and consulting activities for the U.S. Department of Defense andother intelligence agencies. In particular, ASURE connects faculty whoseexpertise in sustainability, law, engineering, business, the sciences, designand other fields can create and sustain safety and security at home and abroad.
The Arizona State University Research Enterprise (ASURE) is seeking to hire a Project Manager to work closely and collaboratively with executive team members and stakeholders to oversee projects throughout the entire lifecycle, execute and coordinate task-level activities. The candidate will specifically manage innovation challenges, hacking events, ideation sessions, and pitch competitions. They will work closely with ASURE staff to help guide multidisciplinary teams through rapid prototyping activities, project milestones and demonstration events. They will be responsible for identifying and acquiring the necessary resources and coordinating efforts by all parties to ensure timely delivery of project outcomes in accordance with expectations.
What you'll do:
- Plan, direct, and track multiple teams through diverse tasks in a fast-paced, high-profile environment for a variety of stakeholders.
- Facilitate working sessions for collaborative, mission-oriented teams comprised of teammates from academia, industry and U.S. Government personnel.
- Identify critical resources, expertise and effort requirements, target appropriate internal and/or external sources to ensure optimal outcomes, and manage both internal and external team members and expectations to ensure optimal progress/outcomes.
- Use soft-skills and stakeholder management skills to ensure that tasks and projects are progressing while working with a diverse group of individuals with competing priorities.
- Establish a communication strategy and be responsible for preparing and maintaining status reports, tracking formal communication to ensure timely dissemination, and continually follow-up with task assignee's for status.
- Demonstrate leadership and effectively fosters team growth by promoting team morale, building and maintaining relationships vital to team success, and assigning and managing task owners to ensure optimal team effectiveness.
- Use creative thinking and problem-solving to address complex issues including those pertaining to specific sponsors, specific stakeholders, and specific deliverables.
- Utilize principles and techniques of process/quality improvement to improve efficiency and reduce error.
- Plan, coordinate and execute visits by high profile members of research, industry and government communities. Plan, coordinate and execute large-scale events. Staff, facilitate and minute meetings.
- Responsible for bringing together individuals from multi disciplinary backgrounds to: 1) develop translation and deployment strategies, 2) brainstorm ways to address complex grand challenges, and 3) identify frameworks that produce significant impact for stakeholder priorities
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential prospect information
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Experience in Design Thinking, Lean Startup, and Agile processes
- Experience supporting C-level executives.
- Solid grasp of information technology fundamentals , and ability to leverage technical analysis, presentation, project management, and financial tools
- Experience in research and development, applied research, technology transition and/or startup operations.
- Experience executing and managing sponsored research projects.
- Experience as a project manager in highly dynamic environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business analysis techniques for gathering and prioritizing requirements.
- Evidence of PMP (Project Management Professional) knowledge and/or certification from PMI.
- Demonstrated application of project management, systems analysis, and agile tools including JIRA, MS Project, Workfront, and/or SharePoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications and internet-based communication tools for selection of appropriate medium.
- Experience in managing heavy project workloads of projects/tasks of varying size, scope and complexity while balancing quality.
- Requires some travel
Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience; one of which are in project management, or any equivalent combination of experience and /or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Applicant must be a US Citizen and the ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance is Required.
NOTE: This position is contingent upon contract funding
The ASURE is an Equal Opportunity Employer