ATS Ohio Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Division Director, After Sales & Service
at ATS Ohio Inc
Life Sciences ( sortimat, an affiliate of ATS)
US, IL, Rolling Meadows
After Sales Service
25/01/19 3:37 PM
Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
ATS Life Sciences is looking for a high caliber commercial and technical leader to inspire their Rolling Meadows division's after sales and service business unit to year on year growth. This role will provide leadership by example in the adoption of streamlined processes, KPI implementation, customer focus, pipeline management, technical aptitude and exceeding performance goals. The successful candidate must have experience in a fast-paced, aggressive, dynamic environment leading a business unit with P&L responsibility to drive ambitious growth initiatives for our after sales and service department.
Objective: Differentiate ATS from its competitors through excellence in service and ensure performance goals are met. The Division Director, After Sales & Service will execute all activities in alignment with the Global After-Sales and Service strategy and within the division’s operating scope.
- Lead the Front End (FE) and Back End (BE) of our divisions after-sales and service business in-line with agreed upon processes.
- Lead the talent development of your team and ensure individual goals and KPI’s are met.
- Directly, and through your team, pro-actively articulate and deliver value added service solutions to our customers through the life cycle of their equipment.
- Work in co-ordination with the ATS Equipment (CAPEX) account and program managers to provide a coordinated approach to our customers to maximize opportunities.
- Integrate the division’s service team with the global FE processes, including regular and robust pipeline reviews, KPI governance and asset analysis.
- Integrate the division’s service team with standardized global BE processes, and an effective utilization of our regional resources.
- Develop and leverage our customer satisfaction surveys and KPI’s to drive focused customer support, conduct root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Development performance measurement tools and visual aids; including a performance metrics wall.
- Ensure the comprehensive use of the company CRM (Sales Force) for all customer interactions and department activities.
- Manage customer complaints, root cause analysis and corrective actions through the stages of the gate process and lead “eliminator” (escalation) meetings to the satisfaction of
- our customers.
- Responsible for departmental budgeting, performance reviews and forecasting.
- Maintain service records and document trends in warranty issues.
- Ensure the creation of spare parts lists for equipment built at ATS Chicago and utilize private labeling.
- Solve disputes, warranty problems, incomplete items and any other matters that create an accounts receivable issue with the customer.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations, recommend salary adjustments and initiate personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures.
- Interview and select applicants based on their technical qualifications and suitability for positions in his/her department when hiring new personnel.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with your counterparts in other ATS divisions.
- Hold daily team huddles, weekly governance reviews and monthly communications with their team and cascade performance expectations from the global service leadership.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct.
- Act as facilitator/participant in division and global meetings/functions as needed.
- Maintain, train, and improve upon existing ISO standards and systems.
- Other duties as assigned
(Health, Safety, & Environmental):
- Work in compliance with divisional Health, Safety, and Environmental Procedures.
- Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through Lockout-Tagout methods.
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts.
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device.
- Ensure that the required protective equipment is used for the assigned task.
- Attend all required Health, Safety, and Environmental training.
- Report any accidents/incidents, including near misses to your supervisor.
- Assist in investigating any accidents/incidents or near misses if requested.
- Refrain from engaging in any unruly conduct.
- Ensure that equipment, materials and protective devices are functioning in a safe manner.
- Ensure that employees are working in accordance with divisional health and safety procedures.
- Applies progressive discipline as appropriate for health, safety and/or environmental violations.
- Advise employees of the existence of any potential or actual health and safety risks.
- Provide appropriate instruction for safe work.
- Take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of employees.
- Conduct periodic inspections and audits in accordance with legislative and/or corporate
- Conduct accident/incident investigations, prepare necessary reports and communicate to line management, health and safety personnel and health and safety committee.
- Ensure that all employees, including temporary workers and contractors, adhere to safety requirements including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Support activities and initiatives outlined by the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- A diploma or degree specializing in a technical field, preferably mechanical/electrical engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years’ of experience in operations and/or service leadership with proactive sales focus is required.
- 2 years+ leading a small to medium size business unit with P&L responsibility.
- Excellent sales and customer relationship management skills are essential.
- Computer knowledgeable with such programs as Windows, Excel, Word, MS Outlook, Adobe, etc.
- Good knowledge of Sales Force a plus, and/or other CRM’s.
- Familiarity of fabrication and assembly processes, including inspection tools.
- Familiarity of material handling equipment.
- The employee may be required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach, and bend to the floor.
- Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or exert up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Visual Acuity – Normal requirements for reading written instructions and computer screens
- Hearing Ability – Normal requirements for understanding verbal instructions.
- Working Conditions – The employee is subject to a normal office environment with occasional exposure to high noise levels and/or physical hazards when visiting manufacturing floor.
TRAVEL: Up to 15% (Domestic and International)