PSA Behavioral Health Agency
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Case Manager (bilingual/Spanish)
at PSA Behavioral Health Agency
Manage and coordinate care, for assigned members, as it relates to the behavioral health service provision. Act as Child and Family Team facilitator, collaborator and advocate for children, their caregivers and guardians. As clinically indicated, attend treatment related appointments and coordinate care with external stakeholders.
1. Provide comprehensive services to all assigned members and their families to include assessment updates, service planning and care coordination.
2. Provide in home/community based case management, family support, behavioral coaching, life skills training, other support duties as needed. Liaison with referral sources and other community agencies on behalf of the member and family.
3. Facilitate and participate in Child and Family teams as assigned.
4. Assist in quality improvement initiatives as assigned by Agency Leadership.
5. Provide on-call coverage as part of the team rotation.
6. Complete all required documentation and billing requirements accurately and in the assigned time frames.
7. Support and comply with the 12 Principles as defined in the Arizona Practice Model.
8. Assist in actively assessing work area for non-compliance issues and notify supervisor in a timely manner to ensure follow up.
9. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
PREREQUISITES, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Bachelors or Masters degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field of study, or degree in a related field with 2 years of experience in the behavioral health field, or 60 hours of coursework in behavioral health related classes with four years of experience working in the behavioral health field.
2. Preferred experience working with children and adolescents in Maricopa County.
- Behavioral coaching and behavioral modification experience preferred.
- Fingerprint Clearance
5. Must be able to work flexible hours, at least two evenings and occasional weekends.
6. Under direction, possess ability to work independently.
7. Ability to be flexible as specific tasks/situations change.
8. Well organized.
9. Strong communication skills.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
- Must have dependable transportation and meet all licensing and contracting requirements for agency personnel.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Must be able to lift and carry boxes/packages up to 50 pounds as needed. Must be able to push and pull file cabinet, desk drawers open and closed daily.
Sits in a chair at a desk for extended numbers of hours each workday: moves from office to office. Must be able to retrieve items/supplies on overhead shelves and bend/stoop to reach files located in bottom filecabinets. Drives to and from member apartments.
Manual dexterity sufficient to use calculator, telephone, keyboard and various office machines on a daily basis and be able to write. Must be able to communicate both in person and on the telephone, enter information on the computer and read various instructions. Be able to read numbers, reports, and computer terminals.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
I understand the contents of this job description and am in agreement that I meet the stated qualifications and experience requirements, and can adequately perform duties described therein.
All employees of PSA are employees "at will" as that term is understood in the State of Arizona. This means that employment may be terminated at any time without prior notice and for no stated reason.
PSA reserves the right to modify position descriptions as needed and without notice according to business necessity. Job descriptions should be reviewed annually for compliance and appropriateness.