Bank of Blue Valley
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Asset Quality Administration Manager
at Bank of Blue Valley
Bank of Blue Valley is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Asset Quality Administration (AQA) Manager is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Allowance for Credit Losses amount (or ACL) reported on bank’s financials, managing all aspects of credit reporting, and supporting credit analytics needs of the credit organization and the corporation.
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes quarterly ACL calculations for HTLF member banks and completes packet of other information to be presented at quarterly ACL committee meetings.
- Monitors and reports impaired loans, performs new impairment calculations and updates existing impairment calculations.
- Assists internal and external auditors in their review of various aspects of the ACL process. Works with FDIC examiners on an annual basis to comply with their recommendations.
- Manages all aspects of credit reporting; ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and applicability of information flows to key leaders within credit and throughout the member banks.
- Ensures reporting includes effective analyses to ensure the information presented is conveyed with the appropriate conclusions and additional assessments.
- Builds out advanced analytics in support of the credit organization and the corporation.
- Assists Chief Credit Officer (CCO)/Finance with preparation of materials for quarterly earnings releases and annual reports
- Assists with M&A activity, specifically due diligence.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works with department staff on individual professional development and career development opportunities. Facilitates team members in creating individual goals and development plans that align with the department goals.
- Works with Heartland Financials’ Talent Acquisition team to identify and hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
- Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance, salary adjustments and/or promotions.
- Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
- Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews within established deadlines.
- Directly supervisors the ALLL Manager, Administrative Assistant, and a dotted line to the Senior Credit Systems Administrator
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance
- 10+ years of credit related experience to include knowledge of: regulations related to Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses, Impaired Loans, Trouble Debt Restructuring and other Credit related regulations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general financial statements, business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- General knowledge and understanding of accounting principles in accordance with GAAP
- Previous experience managing a team
- Knowledge of the following softwares: spreading software, risk rating model, loan system, imaging system, and other systems used in the banking environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Experience with Internet software, Internet research, Spreadsheet software, Microsoft Suite and Word Processing software
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Bank of Blue Valley offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring you the personal attention you deserve, backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
Bank of Blue Valley's team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will