Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Area Director
LOCATION: Glendale Arizona
DIVISION: Club Operations
DIRECT REPORTS: Program Directors, Program Specialists, Branch Administrative Coordinators
The Branch Director is responsible for promoting an environment of continuous learning and growth that is mission driven with the relentless pursuit of excellence. Responsibilities include: facility management, financial management, community engagement, data management, and professional development. Provides leadership and ensures a safe, positive, and impactful environment for members, families, staff and volunteers.
- Establishes annual membership goals including Other Youth Served (OYS), membership recruitment, Average Daily Attendance (ADA), member retention and attendance
- Provides and ensures that regular performance feedback, counseling, mentoring, training and coaching to include required performance evaluations and goal setting processes are being completed for all Club staff
- Manages and fulfills grant requirements
- Initiates the Emergency Response Program while conducting safety inspections to ensure preparedness
- Conducts frequent community visits, including but not limited to local government entities, neighborhood groups, agencies and schools
- Manages and oversees the Federal Food Program to ensure program compliance at all levels
- Works in conjunction with Facilities Team to ensure that Club is meeting Operational standards
- Manages, evaluates and fulfills required Program commitments
- Oversees, manages and approves all financial transactions including petty cash, deposits, dues, fees, purchase orders and time cards
- Establishes and monitors asset management procedures and inventory control
- Manages Club budget and provides input as needed
- Oversees Member Management Database System (MMS) and all required data and reporting
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalency certificate and 1 year Management work related experience
- Must obtain/maintain a current CPR, First Aid, and Food Manager’s Certification (within first 90 days of employment)
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY and SKILLS
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and company policies and procedures
- Familiarity with principles and practices of Management
- Ability to manage, investigate and participates in Human Resources processes
- Ability to oversee the maintenance, janitorial and security operation of the physical property and assets of the Club
- Ability to manage leases and shared space agreements as applicable
- Knowledge of vehicles to ensure that they are operating safely at all times
- Ability to maintain and cultivate excellent member/family and community relationships and possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interact effectively and communicate (in writing and orally) with a variety of members, local government entities, neighborhood groups, agencies, schools and volunteers.
- Must also have the ability to effectively communicate with and maintain productive and effective working relationships with organization staff and management in accomplishing goals and objectives
- Ability to represent and make presentations to Board and other service/business/community groups
- Knowledge of Youth Development service delivery
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and management
- Ability to articulate for giving, serve as an ambassador, engage in relationship building and promote philanthropy
- Ability to support the efficiency of Volunteers and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operations
WORKING CONDITIONS and DRIVING
- Travel between Boys & Girls Club of the Valley sites and schools and various field trip sites as well as in the community is required.
- Must meet the insurance standards of Boys & Girls Club of the Valley
- Work is performed in the community as well as an office setting
- Evening or weekend hours required on an as needed basis
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley supports a culture of excellence in all we do and all employees are expected to reflect these values in their daily responsibilities. To be sure we meet our obligations for high performance in all areas, we organize our goals and efforts under these five Pillars of Excellence:
Every decision and action is driven to serve our youth and teens.
We thrive on collaboration and believe we can achieve greatness together.
We lead with integrity and own our actions, decisions and commitments.
We are creative problem solvers always looking to learn and improve.
We strive for energizing integration of work and home and support a healthy lifestyle to model for our Club Kids