Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Lead the Enrollment Services Division, ensuring proper administration and operation of group and subscriber membership records, reconciling premium payments, monitoring delinquent accounts, updating rate increases and renewals, aging accounts receivables, identifying unallocated cash, managing group terminations, ID card processing, and responding to customer inquiries. Additionally this position supports management of operational functions.
- Implement and manage technology releases, including identification, development, implementation, and training for all system changes and enhancements.
- Ensure that all steps are taken to achieve maximum performance standards as defined by the BCBS Association as well as corporate performance measures.
- Correspond and interact with customers, brokers, group benefit administrators, internal Sales staff, external organizations, vendors, and all levels of internal staff.
- Oversee distribution of contract booklets, riders, ID cards, and special mailings to customers.
- Provide membership data necessary for sales incentive payments made to the company’s internal Sales staff for both Direct Pay and Group business.
- Responsible for identifying and prioritizing automated processes of department workflows and utilizing internal resources for cost effective solutions whenever possible.
- Responsible for identification, development, and implementation of enrollment services that are provided to GBA’s, Brokers and members via the internet.
- Oversee day-to-day departmental administration by coaching and motivating managerial staff and departmental personnel to make maximum use of experience and skills.
- Continually identify areas of opportunity for improvement across projects. Drive improvements into team’s tactical processes and related policies and procedures. Monitor quality performance measures, develop and maintain effective workflows, and seek to maximize system efficiencies.
- Manage use of corporate funds including budgeting, financial management, and reporting. Identify opportunities to achieve administrative efficiencies while maintaining service.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
- Participate in strategic planning activities and contribute to departmental and cross-functional teams to achieve BCBSAZ goals and ensure future success.
- Coordinate activities between multiple divisions to achieve desired results.
- Support BCBSAZ’s Core Value of maintaining a heritage of service through community involvement.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.