Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Manager-Community Programs (5 yrs mgmt and healthcare community relations/event planning required)
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Accountable for facilitating the development and execution of statewide strategies and initiatives focused on achieving business goals related to BCBSAZ’s corporate social responsibility efforts and philanthropic investment in the community. Responsible for providing guidance and direction to senior leaders and cross-functional team members, as required, in support of BCBSAZ giving strategy. Provide business expertise needed to set planning priorities as well as develop and execute implementation approach.
Maintains positive business and professional relationships within the corporation and the community. With Director of Community & Health Advancement, oversees strategic relationships with charitable and civic organizations, with the goal of branding the company as a major entity contributing to the Arizona community and aligning funding support to BCBSAZ strategy. Promotes the Company’s reputation as a local, not for profit entity to enhance the brand value throughout Arizona. Acts as a liaison between BCBSAZ and customers, individuals, and corporate, civic, and charitable organizations.
- Develop an annual Community Plan that outlines approach and giving strategy for BCBSAZ community funding.
- Serve as the primary contact for and liaison between BCBSAZ and civic / charitable organizations in Arizona.
- Create and nurture BCBSAZ community giving opportunities to maximize corporate visibility and image in Arizona while aligning with BCBSAZ strategy and delivering measurable impacts to communities throughout Arizona.
- Work with BCBSAZ Sales Department to establish, where practical, relationships within targeted group prospects to leverage the company’s community involvement as a business development tool. Introduce Sales personnel to appropriate community and business leaders.
- Serve as a leader in, and on boards of, appropriate high-visibility community organizations for the company. By virtue of those positions participate in community functions.
- Analyze complex data and prepare insights and reports, including annual reports, for executive management and other key internal partners.
- Establish and maintain the Community database. Identify opportunities to strengthen processes related to and use of Community database. Lead design and modification of appropriate reporting and tracking systems for activities.
- Develop and successfully manage and report on annual Community budget.
- Lead the assignment and development of request briefs and funding recommendations for the BCBSAZ Corporate Contributions Committee.
- Maintain strategic relationships and represent the Company at major community functions in Arizona.
- Oversee day-to-day departmental administration by coaching and motivating managerial staff and departmental personnel to make maximum use of experience and skills.
- Monitor quality performance measures, develop and maintain effective workflows, and seek to maximize system efficiencies, leading change where needed
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
- Provide leadership to staff and other professionals through professional excellence, professional behavior and innovative thinking.
- Participate in strategic planning activities and contribute to departmental and cross-functional teams to achieve BCBSAZ goals and ensure future success.
- Coordinate activities between multiple divisions to achieve desired results.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skill / Requirements