Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director, Pharmacy
at CAPS Pharmacy
Supports CAPS Director in implementation of CAPS Standard Operating Procedures and applicable pharmacy and state laws. Takes leadership role in implementation of Continuous Quality Assessment and Improvement Program (CQAIP), process controls, and operations. Supports DOP in the management of day-to-day operations of CAPS pharmacy.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Takes a leadership role in pharmacy compounding, parenteral admixing and dispensing activities consistent with CAPS Standard Operating Procedures, maintains a current knowledge and the principles of USP <797>, GMP, state and federal regulations.
- Performs compounding functions, as needed, to assure daily production is completed.
- Liaison to Quality Assurance Regional Manager and Operational Regional Manager.
- Assist in CAPS day-to-day pharmacy operations including planning, equipment, licensure, and inventory, and new customer/pharmacy startup.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate pharmacists, technicians, and other support personnel in conjunction with the Director of Pharmacy.
- Synchronize day-to-day operations with financial performance expectations at the direction of the Director of Pharmacy. Work with the Director of Pharmacy to evaluate financial performance each month. Complete financial analysis template for review by Director.
- Key contact for customers in regards to service and product issues.
- Responsible for assisting with direction and coordination of operations.
- Responsible for assisting with all employee related activities, including hiring, coaching and evaluating job performance, etc.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of IV products In hospital or home care environment, and knowledge of USP <797> and GMPs.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage Pharmacy Operations
- Ability to select, train, supervise, motivate and evaluate staff
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prepare administrative reports and make management presentations
- Ability to operate computer and applied software programs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and senior management.
Technical, Managerial, and human relations skills are required.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- BS/Pharm.D. Degree from accredited school of pharmacy.
- Licensed by State Board of Pharmacy in which the CAPS facility is located.
- Recommended 2 years professional experience.
- As determined by supervisor.
- Business travel required.
- Minimum one year CAPS experience
- Previous supervisory experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Please apply directly to our website