Centers Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Director
at Centers Health Care
Director of Dietary Services / Food Service Director
Buffalo Center is actively seeking a Director of Food Services for our Skilled Nursing Facility. The ideal candidate will have prior management experience.
- Plan, assign, and inspect the work of Food Service Staff
- Schedule and assign staff, prepare department payroll for data entry if required
- Supervise the storage & care of food and supplies
- Oversee the cleaning of the kitchen, storage, dining areas, and equipment
- Inspects Residents' trays for consistency with specified menu
- May be requested to assist on tray line at meal times
- Coordinates and plans food preparation activities for special events
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Food Service exp. in Long-Term Care settings strongly preferred
- ServSafe or Sodexo certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of large scale & therapeutic food prep
- Solid leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work as a team member
Buffalo Center is a 200-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Buffalo, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence.