Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Enterprise Architecture
at Centura Health
- SC IT ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE
- CORP-109 INVERNESS DR EAST
- Work Type
- FLSA Status
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Centura has embarked on a journey to become a leader in digital healthcare. We’re looking for leaders who can help us deliver exceptional healthcare experiences to our patients and customers.
The director of enterprise architecture will work with the CIO to lead our technology related business capability strategy and planning. The director will develop and ensure the IT roadmap and business architecture aligns to our digital healthcare system and our 2025 corporate strategy. The incumbent will lead the IT investment prioritization aligned to our business priorities and IT roadmap. Responsibilities include ensuring all IT assets deliver value to our patients, customers, physicians, clinicians, business and overall IT users.
This role will focus on leading the business architecture and related business capabilities including 5 year capability roadmaps to meet our business needs.
Understands the healthcare business model to align our technology investments, assets and architecture to drive our organization to a desired future state IT. Participates in creating strategies and policies to meet overall business goals. Oversees implementation of enterprise architecture processes and governance for our technical teams to deliver to needed business capabilities.
Deep knowledge of business architecture focused on business capabilities as well as experience in business relationship management is desired. Responsible to synchronize business capability planning with IT department leadership including leaders of the informatics, data, security, infrastructure and application teams. Must be able to build relationships with peers and senior leaders throughout the organization.
Strategy & Planning
- Support the CIO in defining a strategic vision to enable Enterprise-wide business capability roadmaps to drive digital transformation and leverage information to improve healthcare and business outcomes. Lead efforts to translate the strategic vision into the creation of an aggressive and cost-effective five year IT business capability roadmap.
- Lead the oversight and development of the future state IT architecture, which supports required business capabilities and drives reliability, speed, agility and cost efficiency.
- Drive the effort to establish and utilize total lifecycle cost analysis and establishing IT as a key component for driving value throughout the organization.
- Articulate new technical areas and strategies for IT focus and inform the IT leadership to build the core competencies required to lead Centura Health in these areas (e.g., integrated data applications and leveraged hardware architecture models).
- Responsible for strategic and operational direction of Centura Health’s enterprise architecture maturity.
- Leading through influence, create and maintain architectural guiding principles, standards and overall architecture governance to align technology decision making consistent with the principles and standards.
- Lead the collection of IT demand from business users and prioritize IT investments aligned to the business capability roadmaps.
- Lead efforts to drive efficiency, simplification and agility of our IT assets, architecture and operations. Lead the realization of mature asset management, standardization and reuse to facilitate efficiency, simplification and agility.
- Actively participate in discussions with key partners, both internal and external to Centura Health, in the creation of value through unique IT partnerships and initiatives. This thought process will be focused around the creation of value through IT’s investments with key strategic business partners.
- Ensure that the quality, security, stability and agility of the EA meet evolving business needs by coordinating with other stakeholders.
- Articulate new technical areas for Centura Health IT focus and help build the core competencies required to lead the organization into these areas (e.g., integrated data applications, leveraged infrastructure application, etc).
- Align the development of the IT department operating and capital budgets aligned to business capability roadmaps.
- Provide performance feedback and complete performance evaluations for associates. Informal performance feedback should be provided on a frequent basis and should include feedback from fellow associates. Feedback should be focused on recognition for achievement, and opportunities for growth.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related, required
- Master’s Degree, desired
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business capability planning, roadmaps and portfolio prioritization required
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in IT leadership, required
- Experience should include demonstrated leadership , role in identifying relevant technology trends and aligning an organization’s priorities to those trends via an IT business strategy and associated roadmap
- Demonstrated competency in the executive level relationship building and communications
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication
- Proven record of using EA to deliver business value
- Prior C-level or Director level business background and experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively produce business results, while working under time pressures
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Centura Health is headquartered in Centennial, CO, with additional business office locations throughout the Denver Tech Center. The Corporate Service Center is home to our leaders and centralized teams that support our hospitals, clinics and people – including marketing, human resources, employee benefits, finance, billing, talent acquisition/development, payor relations, IT, project management, community benefit and more. Whether you work in the corporate headquarters or one of our nearby offices, you’ll experience a culture of collaboration and community where incredible people are doing incredible things every day.