Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Clinical Nursing- Post Surgical Bariatric & Backs Unit
at Centura Health
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
Our Post Surgical Bariatric & Backs Unit is looking for a dynamic Clinical Nurse Leader. Recently relocated to the 8th floor, this unit has 23 beds, serving post surgical patients with back and bariatric surgeries, as well as medical overflow. Caring for these patients builds a strong base of knowledge and skills for nurses that include central line and tube feedings, psychological support, and education.
Responsible for the management of clinical nursing practices and patient care delivery on the assigned unit(s). Role functions include management of human, fiscal, material, support and systems resources. Demonstrates a high level of integrity, willingness to take on new challenges and has the ability to inspire and empower staff.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- 4 years of RN experience in acute care setting.
- 2 years of supervision experience.
- High School GED required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Masters Degree preferred
- Current RN license required; Current RN license in applicable state of work or current RN license from a participating state in National Licensure Compact for eligible states
- BLS through the American Heart Association required within 3 months of hire
- ACLS preferred
- Must achieve and maintain appropriate facility identified national certification or other applicable Magnet national certification within one year of becoming Nurse Manager. NEA is acceptable Refer to RN Lic/Cert Policy for acceptable certifications.
- Credential: Nursing Spec
- Source: CNML
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care,cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation.
Don't forget to check out our benefits!