Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Manager II - Syracuse, NY
Operations Manager II
Location: Syracuse, NY
Reports to: Plant Manager
Position: salaried - exempt
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Operations Manager is responsible for all manufacturing activities at the Syracuse Works Plant. These activities include receiving and unloading raw materials, manufacturing of the products, packaging, and shipment to the customer. They will directly supervise an Operations Supervisor and a Shipping/Planning Supervisor, and indirectly supervise all manufacturing operators and packing personnel at the site. In performing these duties the Operations Manager will work closely with the other site managers. In particular, the Operations Manager will need to work closely with the Quality department to ensure quality requirements are being met, and with the Maintenance department to ensure maximum utilization on the physical assets. The Operations Manager will also be a key site interface with sales and marketing. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring all activities are done in a safe, environmentally sound, fiscally prudent manner, in keeping with the Responsible Care ethic and Chemtrade's SAFE culture and EPIC values.
- Encourage, support and highlight all ES&H rewards and recognition efforts and achievements.
- Develop projects and budgetary requirements that will improve performance in achieving ES&H metrics and objectives.
- Incorporate funding for ES&H programs, projects and improvements into department budget.
- Assist in tracking and communication of ES&H metrics and initiatives.
- Responsible for leading all manufacturing employees in safely operating the plant, to meet production, quality, safety, and environmental goals. Work with the Quality Manager to ensure site quality goals are being met. Work with the Maintenance Manager to establish priorities to gain maximum utilization of the process equipment. Work with sales manager on customer issues. Troubleshoot and resolve equipment and operating problems. Manage the railcar fleet.
- Operate the plant within approved fixed and variable budget plans. .Track period costs and material and energy usage. Reconcile spending and usage to plan. Assist in preparation of the plant’s period and capital plans.
- Ensure that the plant is operated within regulatory and permit limits, and in compliance with Chemtrade’s policies and procedures. Ensure that employees are properly trained in these areas and the proper records and documentation are maintained.
- Responsible for preparation of reports, tracking raw material and energy usage, production volumes, shipping, inventories, etc.
- Mentorship, Training, Conflict Resolution – Actively work to develop your personnel, to maintain a positive working environment, to resolve personnel conflicts, and to serve as sounding board for others. Serve on the Union Management team in monthly reviews.
- degree in Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or in a related technical field preferred
- 10 years’ experience in chemical manufacturing or related
- 5 years supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70 locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! for employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.