Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Human Resources - CHO Human Resources
at Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland
CHO Human Resources
40 hours/week, Mon-Fri
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
5 Years of Experience Required
The Director, Human Resources reports to the Vice President Human Resources, Employee Health & Staff Education and is a pivotal position responsible for guiding and leading Human Resources functions organization-wide for approximately 3,000 employees. The Director, Human Resources oversees all operations relating to staffing, training and development programs, Compensation, Benefits, Recruitment and HRIS for UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals. The Director, Human Resources manages the HR team to implement initiatives and programs that foster employee productivity and help drive organizational results.
Minimum Education: A bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree in Human Resource, business, or related field is preferred. Relevant fields of study include: Human Resources, healthcare administration, business, and communications.
• Five years of management experience, three of which is preferred in a hospital environment.
• Must have prior union experience.
• Must have HRIS oversight experience sufficient to advance what is in existence
• Must have experience with design and implementation of a Compensation program
• Must have ability to work independently and directly with senior leadership.
• Must have knowledge with federal, state, local labor laws and regulations.
• Must have excellent human relation skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Must have extraordinary judgment in professional matters
Certification Required: SPHR or similar certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A detailed, functional knowledge of the governing bylaws and the ability to track compliance and to initiate actions that will ensure compliance. Ability to assert knowledge with leadership team.
- A strong HRIS background (PeopleSoft preferred) with compensation expertise is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills. The ability to plan time efficiently, to manage multiple priorities, to balance competing demands and to demonstrate flexibility.
- Judgment and discretion are required. Demonstrated discretion and confidentiality with confidential institutional, strategic and personnel related matters.
- Strong Analytic skills – ability to distill pertinent data related to complex issues
- Superior business writing, communication skills
- Strong conceptual capabilities
- Knowledge of healthcare/hospital operations
- Outstanding listening and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence positive outcomes
- Superb follow through skills and focus on goal establishment and project completion are required
- Demonstrates a strong leadership disposition by exhibiting the ability to professionally represent the Human Resources Department.
Technical Knowledge: MS Office Suite; Adobe Acrobat; the ability to develop proficiency in additional computer software programs is also required. Other programs currently in use include: HRIS (PeopleSoft)
Sit: Up to 8 hours/day
Stand/Walk: 3-6 hours
Bend/Stoop: Up to 3 hours
Reach: Up to 3 hours
Rep Use of UE/Grasp: Up to 8 hrs
Lift/Push/Pull: 15 lbs
This job requires the ability to hear alarms clients and/or instruction. The ability to see accurately from 20 inches to 20-ft. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function of this position.