Chiricahua Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Quality
at Chiricahua Community Health Centers
Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc.
Job Title: Director of Quality
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer or Chief Administrative Officer
Job Summary: Directs quality provision of care at CCHCI. Manages planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement projects and activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed and may be modified, interpreted and/or applied in any way as necessary. Maintaining regular and punctual attendance is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides Program Leadership
- Leads organization in transformation of care away from fee for service to new payment methodologies, including quality and shared savings payments.
- Directs, promotes, and oversees implementation of Quality, Meaningful Use and Patient Centered Medical Home Initiatives.
- Facilities and collaborates with other departmental leaders to maintain FTCA and HRSA compliance.
- Oversees value-based contracts and develops workflows to meet contract specified measures.
- Gathers, analyzes and reports data on specified measures to determine if quality initiatives are effective.
- Assists in establishing and regularly reviewing clinical outcomes measures and works closely with providers and clinical teams to implement work flow changes to meet measures.
- Updates, directs, implements, and evaluates the Quality Improvement Plan.
- Serves as the leader for the Quality Council and convenes regular meetings, sets agendas, and analyzes performance improvement data for the Council.
- Attends and participates in Leadership, Continuous Quality Improvement, and other planning meetings, as needed.
- Ensures standardization across CCHCI is in line with strategic goals and ‘big picture’ perspective.
- Researches and facilitates implementation of evidence-based, best practices.
- Develops, plans and implements policies, procedures and workflow for the quality program.
- Provides Supervision and Leadership to Quality Department Staff
- Directs and oversees Quality Department staff, care coordination department staff, and care management nurses, to include hiring, training, evaluating, and conducting disciplinary actions and other personnel actions, as required.
- Facilitates and promotes orientation, operational training, hands-on coaching, and other staff development tools and resources for Care Coordination and Care Management staff, and monitors performance.
- Collaborates with leadership team and departmental staff to achieve objectives and maintain productive employee relations.Required Education, Experience, Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in Business, Population Health, Health Informatics, or other closely related field preferred.
- At least two years of experience in departmental or organizational leadership.
- Certifications in quality management and evaluation (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, CPHQ, HCQM, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and sensitivity.
- Driver's License and Proof of Insurance may be required if requesting mileage reimbursement.
Required Language Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and compose instructions, correspondence and communications in English in both oral and written format.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, internal providers and staff and other agency staff working in cooperation with the organization.Physical Requirements:
- Ability to occasionally exert enough force to move objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to constantly remain in a stationary position.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the work place to access files, operate office equipment, etc.
- Possesses hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to constantly operate computer, telephone, and other office machinery.
- Possesses close visual acuity necessary to accurately record and view information on a computer monitor, handwritten and typed documents.
- Ability to discern the nature of sounds at a normal spoken volume.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to employ statistical / mathematical methods to collect and analyze data and develop solutions.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments and make decisions requiring considerable independent judgment.
- Displays high level of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of health plans and community health centers preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and legislation that impact clinical services and professional practice.
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records preferred.
- Ability to employ motivational techniques to train, mentor and lead staff.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with successful track record for building high performance teams and leading organizational change in complex environments.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to positively represent CCHCI to the public at all times.
Work Environment & Conditions:
- Work environment is typical of an administrative office setting with no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work requires reliable transportation as position requires frequent travel and extended hours to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Work requires ability to be contacted by cell phone during or outside of regular work hours. Cell Phone stipend will be provided.