Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Services - Partner Management Team - GM Business Development
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19004398
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
As the lead of a Partner Management Team, the General Manager (GM) will work closely with the Partner to set the strategic vision and define key initiatives for a single product portfolio ($7.5B in assets) to pursue. The GM will also provide leadership and direction to a direct and matrix team across multiple functions, including Portfolio Management, Marketing, Decision Management, Macy's and Citi Operations, Technology, Finance, Risk and Compliance to drive portfolio and business goals.
- Provide leadership and definition to short & long range business planning activities for the Portfolio, leading to formulation of new strategies and methodologies for Citi and the Partner
- Work strategy jointly with Partner to develop and deploy an aligned Business/Operational Plan
- Conduct broad assessments of Partner and Portfolio needs, partnering with department heads to develop appropriate strategies to address those needs, and then driving to decisions that provide the desired benefits
- Provide structure to manage all formal Partner negotiations, documentation, communications & contractual meetings
- Establish ongoing cadence and format for Partner dialogue and engagement
- Support efforts to assess all partner distribution channels (inclusive of POS and store system support opportunities, digital properties and call center).
- Provide strategic direction & business input for major technology initiatives that impact the portfolio, including product development efforts and enhanced e-commerce capabilities; drive key enhancements & improvements to the program.
- Ensure project disciplines, controls, risk mitigation and management strategies are deployed
- Ensure compliance, audit, and regulatory requirements are consistently met within sphere of influence & responsibility.
- Operate in a highly matrixed environment to develop/implement new products and initiatives to drive incremental sales and improve program results.
- Ensure 3rd party oversight activities are in compliance and executed to Citi standard.
- Participate and represent the business for Department Stores National Bank board reviews.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Ten to fifteen years' business experience, portfolio leadership experience in a private label or credit card environment is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Significant Organizational and Project Management experience– requires solid track record in managing complex business & partner needs
- Previous experience leading/managing team of direct reports, including goal-setting and effective performance management
- Superior communication/presentation & influence management skills; must have ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and across all functional areas
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and related experience; previous partnership management a plus
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills
- Demonstrated thought leadership and strategic agility
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented, intense environment
- Ability to influence and lead in a matrixed organizational structure.
- Ability to represent Citi and the partner in senior executive settings.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity